Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTF! 415wrhp?@7psi?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I bet it will still be in the 13's. 481 rwtq is probably impossible to put down with the light rear...and correct if im wrong but he's on stocker tires and rims...

I would get the widest tire possible if not slicks for the track

While his truck will need to be tuned for the track (tires, shocks), the truck should be capable of low to mid 12's. But my guess is your right, and he will probably only run 13's.

The biggest problem with the truck and traction isn't the tires or power, its the driver. I've only heard of 3 people who know how to launch at the track. Mike Hickman was able to pull a 1.9 60', though he was boosted that is the fastest 60' I've heard of to date and it was done on street tires. Jaxchrisfla has hit a 2.0 in his truck on stock tires. And Daveds50 (member on CT) pulled a 2.10 in a completely stock XR.

Super Werty

Reaction score
Last edited:

the rev

Reaction score
what clutch is he running? b/c i doubt our wimpy clutches can handle that torque, at least not for very long at all...and i thought our trans can only handle like 350 hp...right now they can barely handle 236 hp :(

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Im sure it could handle a few passes:laugh:

I should mention Ive seen a 1.9 on a double cab...stock...give me a sec to find that....

http://www.dragtimes.com/Toyota-Tacoma-Timeslip-13991.html

well almost stock, just intake and exhuast....but still its fast

seems all the best times have been very close if not at sea level

That is something I forgot to mention.. The dub cab's and pre-runners have consistently put down better 60' times then us XR guys...

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
While his truck will need to be tuned for the track (tires, shocks), the truck should be capable of low to mid 12's. But my guess is your right, and he will probably only run 13's.

The biggest problem with the truck and traction isn't the tires or power, its the driver. I've only heard of 3 people who know how to launch at the track. Mike Hickman was able to pull a 1.9 60', though he was boosted that is the fastest 60' I've heard of to date and it was done on street tires. Jaxchrisfla has hit a 2.0 in his truck on stock tires. And Daveds50 (member on CT) pulled a 2.10 in a completely stock XR.

I was pulling constant 2.2 60's with 32-35psi in rear tires with a crappy track.

megabitez

Reaction score
oh man cali is nice. when i get back to miami i may take it to 1/4 mile track idk which but ill keep ya posted

megabitez

Reaction score

i have drag tires...biggest problem i had this weekend at the track was clutch slipping BADLY in 2nd. BUT i still managed to run 8's in 1/8th mile with stock tires. Getting clutch ASAP with my drags put back on

Knight Runner

Reaction score
Daaaaayeeeeeeem!!!
Oh man, I can't wait for those videos and drag tires and upgrade clutch.
Besides 1/4mile don't forget highways too. :biggrin:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
What were your 1/8 times and trap along with 60' times???

megabitez

Reaction score
i ran a 8.9 with street tires (kdw) and CRAZY slippage in 2nd gear. It was so bad everyone would catch up to me and pass me by almost a good car length. I left the time slip in the truck which is at the shop. I have a VERY big surprise coming up with my truck. *HINT* look on the cover of your local magazine shops next month!

XrunnIT

Reaction score
i ran a 8.9 with street tires (kdw) and CRAZY slippage in 2nd gear. It was so bad everyone would catch up to me and pass me by almost a good car length. I left the time slip in the truck which is at the shop. I have a VERY big surprise coming up with my truck. *HINT* look on the cover of your local magazine shops next month!

With an 8.9, sounds like that clutch was sucking bahls pretty bad. That is just a hair quicker then my 1/8 (9.12 @ 79). :ahhhhh:

You should get the truck to a 1/4 track. The results will be much more respectable once you let the truck do all the work. :top:

Hitman

Reaction score

what magazine so I can keep my eyes on it :dontknow: Truckin....

rexrunner

Reaction score
import tuner :biggrin:

also guys truck me his truck is FAST. but either teh tires slip or clutch does, when he finally gets all the power to teh ground, hold on ...... :driver:

Tapp

Reaction score
import tuner :biggrin:

also guys truck me his truck is FAST. but either teh tires slip or clutch does, when he finally gets all the power to teh ground, hold on ...... :driver:

is it out right now?? ill go buy it!!!

rexrunner

Reaction score
na, it should be in a month or so . shhhhhhh:biggrin:

megabitez

Reaction score
i have a photo shot to goto on friday for it... but ya rexrunner drove my truck.

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
yeah let me know what magazine. I get super street and my lil bro get import tuner. ...so let us know

megabitez

Reaction score
ill keep ya posted it got delayed a few days because of fay but i keep u posted

Top Bottom