Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEWS X-Fest 2010, whaddup?

Which dates work best for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Werty

Reaction score
^ hey Spyder how about coming to a local meet...you know..a meet you could drive to with a truck:laugh:

coming up on 2 years since we last saw you:fail::bebored:

Spyder327

Reaction score
^ hey Spyder how about coming to a local meet...you know..a meet you could drive to with a truck:laugh:

coming up on 2 years since we last saw you:fail::bebored:

unfortunately it doesn't double as a vacation for me:laugh:

Sorry About Ur Luck

Reaction score
Good to hear the X fest tradition continues, I tell you that I'd rather hang out with you all than to kill a turkey and give thanks...
At any rate, no one blames you for taking a year off, I remember seeing you exhausted last year.
Get rest, enjoy the meets and we will see you soon.
Respectfully,
From Oahu Hawaii
Saul

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At any rate, no one blames you for taking a year off, I remember seeing you exhausted last year.

Yeah - last year was rough. I've actually been battling with that on and off for the past year. Been to the doctor more times than anyone my age should (probably at least 8 times between October and now) trying to really figure out what's up. Keep coming back to Vitamin D deficiency but we both, the doctor and I, want to make sure it's not something more serious. So far everything has come back fine except the D. Any of my good friends know that 95% of the time, I over commit and I push myself way too hard. I actually had a good month where I didn't do anything except play around with my hobbies (model aircraft, woodworking, mountain biking). It was great and I need to teach myself to do that more.

Thanks Saul! Was great meeting you last year man.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I am going to try and keep it simple.

Do you guys want a 2 or 3 day event (Friday/Sat / Sun)?

Mod Portion? If so I would like to do a 3 day and dedicate an entire day to mods so that we do not have to rush, and we would need to be near a members home that has the capabilities to handle mods.

I figure one day could be a show/cookout/cruise and I can book a state park somewhere to handle that.

And of course there would be the normal hanging out in the evenings.

Then a simple group breakfast and cruise out on Sunday

I would expect Thursday and Sunday as travel days

Just a basic run through.

Personally I would like to keep it outside of Va Beach. Its just too hard to maneuver a large group around town. But I am open to options.

Not that I want to do this close to me, but for something like this, the Williamsburg/Yorktown area would be nice. Especially in the Fall. We can cruise the Colonial Parkway from Jamestown to Yorktown, park at the beach, eat at the Yorktown pub on the river and cruise back. And there are tons of parks around. an I can try and handle the Mod day at my house. Plus hotels are plentiful in the area and those that want to go and see the historic parts are right there

But throw up your options and list the pro cons and we can go from there.

Just a start

Justin

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score

Mod Portion? If so I would like to do a 3 day and dedicate an entire day to mods so that we do not have to rush, and we would need to be near a members home that has the capabilities to handle mods.

I figure one day could be a show/cookout/cruise and I can book a state park somewhere to handle that.

Personally I would like to keep it outside of Va Beach. Its just too hard to maneuver a large group around town. But I am open to options.

Not that I want to do this close to me, but for something like this, the Williamsburg/Yorktown area would be nice. Especially in the Fall. We can cruise the Colonial Parkway from Jamestown to Yorktown, park at the beach, eat at the Yorktown pub on the river and cruise back. And there are tons of parks around. an I can try and handle the Mod day at my house. Plus hotels are plentiful in the area and those that want to go and see the historic parts are right there

Just a start

Justin

For me I would prefer it to be a 2 day "event" but have a breakfast/send off type day on Sunday. For those that are traveling a good distance (I'm looking at 11hrs to Williamsburg :ahhhhh:) Sunday will need to be a travel day. So an event that has a schedule for Friday and Saturday would be best. I see myself leaving on Thursday after work and driving 3/4 of the way and getting a hotel. Then finish the drive on Friday to meet up. I'd like to think a mod day would work but with 20+ trucks I see that being pretty difficult. If we can make it work logistically I'm all for it.

I'm just going to plead my case one last time, the further north the better. Last year we had a really good turnout and that was in PA. I think you'll lose the Canadians and the few I may be able to talk into making the trip if the drive starts pushing 12+ hrs. However you could gain some of the LA, FL guys :dontknow:. I don't know how many of them would be willing to make the long drive, but the Canadians proved they would last year. :top:

Let me know if I can help in any way. I'll make calls or search the interweb for restaurants/parks/etc. Whatever I can do to help. XFE'10 will be a success. :rock:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
hate it theres no XFE this year Klint, but as stated family come first. hope you have a good vacation though :top:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
For me I would prefer it to be a 2 day "event" but have a breakfast/send off type day on Sunday. For those that are traveling a good distance (I'm looking at 11hrs to Williamsburg :ahhhhh:) Sunday will need to be a travel day. So an event that has a schedule for Friday and Saturday would be best. I see myself leaving on Thursday after work and driving 3/4 of the way and getting a hotel. Then finish the drive on Friday to meet up. I'd like to think a mod day would work but with 20+ trucks I see that being pretty difficult. If we can make it work logistically I'm all for it.

I'm just going to plead my case one last time, the further north the better. Last year we had a really good turnout and that was in PA. I think you'll lose the Canadians and the few I may be able to talk into making the trip if the drive starts pushing 12+ hrs. However you could gain some of the LA, FL guys :dontknow:. I don't know how many of them would be willing to make the long drive, but the Canadians proved they would last year. :top:

Let me know if I can help in any way. I'll make calls or search the interweb for restaurants/parks/etc. Whatever I can do to help. XFE'10 will be a success. :rock:

pf the 3 Xfests that I have been too, I think that the TN meet had the best turnout. I would like to set it up so that we dont hang at the hotel the entire time. I like the park Idea with a big BBQ

Friday/Sat is what I was thinking. and I dont think you will have mods to do on 30 trucks. Alot of people that travel wont dive into hig mods. I would rather keep it more central to get some of the guys from down south to head up this year since they missed out last year.

we can swing out west some and see if we can line up some white water rafting or something

Justin

WallasX

Reaction score

Just a start

Justin

I like it!

If u need any help let me know i can help out!

3 day weekend would be great!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I'd rather have a 3 day event. I'm going to end up driving a long distance and the extra day makes it more worth the drive.
I also like your idea of keeping it out of the city. Traveling in a big group through the city is just a pain in the ass. I'd even be down for taking over a campground for a weekend, or finding some big ass lodge to rent- but usually those need to be booked well in advance.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I know a region that looks awesome during the fall!!!!!!!!!!! also plenty of twisties for your cravings!!!!!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd rather have a 3 day event. I'm going to end up driving a long distance and the extra day makes it more worth the drive.
I also like your idea of keeping it out of the city. Traveling in a big group through the city is just a pain in the ass. I'd even be down for taking over a campground for a weekend, or finding some big ass lodge to rent- but usually those need to be booked well in advance.

I just don't want to see something big planned for Thursday or Sunday because the people with the long drives will miss out.

I know a region that looks awesome during the fall!!!!!!!!!!! also plenty of twisties for your cravings!!!!!

As do I, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the turnout would dwindle quite quickly :laugh:

SSSXR

Reaction score
I am down for Williamsburg/Yorktown!! that actually cuts like 45 minutes off my driving time compared to VA beach. two-day, three-day won't matter to me ill probably still have to take a day off work either way. hell i'd even come down for a one day thing, it would still be worth it.

as for mods, ill try and get in touch with shane and if he will be attending this event ill try and grab some QA1s off him. if it works out that would be the extent of any moding I do. but im not really concerned about getting it done, just trying to save on shipping and custom fee's for the most part.

in the meantime ill try and recruit some more canadians to come down with us this time. SLYWHITTY I HOPE YOU CAN MAKE THIS!!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
HECK YEAH!!! I am down for this for sure.I can be your plus one on this event there LEO haha for sure we could set up a canuck convoy :canada:
I am down for Williamsburg/Yorktown!! that actually cuts like 45 minutes off my driving time compared to VA beach. two-day, three-day won't matter to me ill probably still have to take a day off work either way. hell i'd even come down for a one day thing, it would still be worth it.

as for mods, ill try and get in touch with shane and if he will be attending this event ill try and grab some QA1s off him. if it works out that would be the extent of any moding I do. but im not really concerned about getting it done, just trying to save on shipping and custom fee's for the most part.

in the meantime ill try and recruit some more canadians to come down with us this time. SLYWHITTY I HOPE YOU CAN MAKE THIS!!

SSSXR

Reaction score
NOOICE! im pumped all ready, I should rig up a big flag on my truck this time...

So when's this happening? hahaha j/k it's work, i know. take your time...

...but not too much!:canada:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I just don't want to see something big planned for Thursday or Sunday because the people with the long drives will miss out.

No, but events for all day Friday and Saturday would be great.
Usually we get there at different times Friday and nothing exciting really happens. Hang out at the hotel and BS Friday evening. Saturday is the event day, and we always seem to end up cutting something out because of time. Then Sunday I usually roll out fairly early because I have to be back to work Monday morning.

I think we should try and roll in Thursday and have plans for Friday and Saturday. Then breakfast and roll out Sunday. I know it wouldn't fit everyone's schedule. but for people with long drives it would be better IMO.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
No, but events for all day Friday and Saturday would be great.
Usually we get there at different times Friday and nothing exciting really happens. Hang out at the hotel and BS Friday evening. Saturday is the event day, and we always seem to end up cutting something out because of time. Then Sunday I usually roll out fairly early because I have to be back to work Monday morning.

I think we should try and roll in Thursday and have plans for Friday and Saturday. Then breakfast and roll out Sunday. I know it wouldn't fit everyone's schedule. but for people with long drives it would be better IMO.

Exactly. We're on the same page :top:

lowchef

Reaction score
Let's do this.....Im definately trying to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom