X-Fest 2018 will make it's return to Lake Harmony, Pennsylvania!
That's right guys... the one and only X-Fest will make its second appearance at the Lake Harmony Inn. We had such a great experience the last time we've decided to go back. This year's X-Fest will be held in Lake Harmony, PA from September 14-16. The itinerary will be light so we have the flexibility to adjust on the fly, but here is my first pass:
For those of you who have never been to one of these events, it's laid back and casual. It's not about tons of vendors setting up booths to push their products. It's a chance to put faces to the names you see on here every day. It's a chance for the new guys with stock rigs to see in person that can be done and ask all the questions that haven't been answered here (are there any of those?). It's about meeting new people, building camaraderie, and having fun with people that likely have very much the same interests you do. These types of meets are what is best about this forum. We'll have organized dinners on Friday and Saturday nights with the group and a raffle with some GREAT prizes following Saturday's.
- Fri, Sept 14: Arrive, Meet & Greet, Lake Harmony Watersports (Wakeboarding, Waterskiing, Tubing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Canoeing, Kayaking, etc.), Yard Games (Cornhole, Polish Horseshoes, Ladderball, etc.)
- Fri, Sept 14: 7PM Dinner at 'Nick's Lake House' which is within walking distance of the property, Bowling at Split Rock (maybe), Campfire, Socializing. We'll decide as a group which Saturday activity interests most.
- Sat, Sept 15: Show and Shine (morning).
- Sat, Sept 15: Activities
- Option 1
- Paintball at the World Famous Skirmish USA!! Group Package Pricing ranges from $50-$75. I'm leaning towards the $75 package because it includes more paint and a set of camo overalls so I don't have to worry about what I wear or what's smearing on my seats.
- Option 2
- Sunset Hill Shooting Range. We've done this in the past at the Camelback meets and it's been a hit. They have a range of weapons to choose from to shoot or you can bring your own.
- Option 3
- Camelback Mountain Adventures. They have a mountain coaster, zip lines, ropes course, etc.
- Sat, Sept 15: Cruise, Dinner at 'Nick's Lake House', and the ANNUAL RAFFLE (afternoon)
- Sat, Sept 15: Campfire, Socializing (nightcap)
- Sun, Sept 16: Breakfast and Depart
The Show & Shine will be informal with no entry fee this year. There will be two separate classes "stockish" and "modified" so as not to put the new guys at a disadvantage. This is usually very informal, but is great because it gives everyone the opportunity to check out each others' rides. We hope everyone will participate for a chance to win a nice little prize package.
I have reserved the entire property at Lake Harmony Inn ($250+tax for the two night stay) which sits on 150 feet of waterfront on Lake Harmony. You should be able to book any room in the hotel for that rate (There are two types, Single Queen or Two Doubles). The property is fairly small so please only book a queen room if you are bringing your +1. Otherwise please try to split rooms.
***** CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR ROOM *****
Please PM ME once you've booked your room. I need to provide your name to the hotel or they will cancel your reservation. We have the entire property reserved and the only way to ensure we don't have any non-XRU guests is to do it this way.
If we get a huge turnout and overbook Split Rock Resort is on the other end of the lake. I chose the smaller venue so that we can have the place to ourselves. The property also doubles as a watersports rental facility. So they have boats, kayaks, canoes, stand-up paddleboards, just about anything you'd want to do on a lake is available to us on the property. The property is also pet friendly (pet cleaning fee) so please inform the hotel if you plan to bring your furry friend.
We didn't forget the LADIES. There's an massage parlor just around the corner and there is an outlet shopping center about 20 mins away. Pamper her with a massage or slide her the credit card and she'll forget all about having to spend the entire weekend hanging out with us knuckleheads.
LAKE HARMONY INN
90 North Lake Drive
Lake Harmony, Pa 18624
LAKE HARMONY WATERSPORTS
(12 Min Drive)
211 North Meckesville Road
Albrightsville, Pa 18210
SUNSET HILL SHOOTING RANGE
(30 Min Drive)
Henryville, PA 18332
CAMELBACK MOUNTAIN ADVENTURES
301 Resort Dr
Tannersville, PA 18372
110 Lake Harmony Road
Lake Harmony, PA 18624
BOULDER VIEW TAVERN
(5 Min Drive)
123 Lake Harmony Rd
Lake Harmony, PA 18624
(5 Min Drive)
100 Moseywood Road
Lake Harmony, PA
This first post and thread will be updated with more information as it becomes available! Don't miss out on the most bad ass event of the year! See you guys there!
Please PM NHXRUNNER once you've confirmed your reservation so I can keep an updated list of who is confirmed to be attending.
Confirmed Attendee List
X-FEST EAST T-SHIRTS and Raffle Tickets will available for pre-order in the very near future!!