Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X-Fire for X-Runner Owners

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have found out that some of my brethren here at XRU play PC games like I do. Although I don't have as much free time as I once did, when I sit down to play some COD:2, CSS, BF1942, BF2, WOW, or even LOTR --- I like to hook up with some bros from XRU.

Soooooooo, I've added a new field to everyones user profile (at the bottom under User CP) that will allow you to enter your X-Fire username. This will be displayed at the top of each of your posts. It is even hyperlinked so that if you click on it - it will automatically open X-Fire and send a friend request.

I have added it to my profile. Right now I'm kind of on a CounterStrike Source and Aces High kick but I've loaded up LOTR and plan on playing through my trial account this weekend.

Add your XRU bros as friends - and be sure to add your X-Fire username if you have one. Just another way of promoting community here at XRU!

Also, we will likely open up a Teamspeak server in the near future for XRU members as well. This can be used for games or for just voice chat outside of the website. :top:

K-tizzie Out.

Attachments

• news.xfire.gif
    news.xfire.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 423

xmoney

Reaction score
My Teamspeak server is open to all KRU members. It's password protected to keep traffic down. Right now it's only a 20 person server, but i'll make it larger if need be. PM me for info if you are interested in using it.

Thanks Klint for adding this extra field for Xfire

Xacto

Reaction score
i play LOTRO.....server firefoot...hit me up name's Luke on it

Troskey

Reaction score
gaaaaaaaaaay....consoles the only way to go...

xmoney

Reaction score
Had it not been for PCs, consoles wouldnt be around troskey.

Dont hate cause DX10 is going to change gaming and PCs will be the 1st ones to have it.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
gaaaaaaaaaay....consoles the only way to go...

Consoles and PC's are in completely different categories in my opinion. The gameplay of the exact same game (for instance Call of Duty) is completely different between console and PC. And that's the way it should stay. Games like Command & Conquer don't even translate to console at all, as far as gameplay is concerned. They're meant to have a mouse. Also, simulators don't work on console either. Consoles are GREAT for arcade style games. That's where they really shine IMO.

xmoney

Reaction score
I will give MS and Bungie credit for Halo setup using a controller. never in my life have i liked playing FPSs on a console. Halo however was a different story. Still, give me a mouse and keyboard, and it's on. You might as well call it a night....

XPC_XR

Reaction score
Im a big FPS fan, I also like playing Generals alot. I havent played many games the past few months but when I do its BF2, CS:Source (when Im really bored), MOH:AA, HL2, or Generals: Zero Hour.

ButcherCD

Reaction score
dont forget star wars battlefront. i still havent seen a console that can support that many online and computer players so well. I remember when i would call up a friend over the modem and play DOOM all hours of the night..back then could your super nintendo do that? :adore: PC games!!

Troskey

Reaction score
Had it not been for PCs, consoles wouldnt be around troskey.

Dont hate cause DX10 is going to change gaming and PCs will be the 1st ones to have it.

so pc gaming started before atari and other earlier systems?

xmoney

Reaction score
What, you think Atari and other systems were around before PCs?

In 1952, A.S. Douglas wrote his PhD degree at the University of Cambridge on Human-Computer interraction. Douglas created the first graphical computer game - a version of Tic-Tac-Toe. The game was programmed on a EDSAC vaccuum-tube computer, which had a cathode ray tube display.
[SIZE=-1]William Higinbotham created the first video game ever in 1958. His game, called "Tennis for Two," was created and played on a Brookhaven National Laboratory oscilloscope. In 1962, Steve Russell invented SpaceWar!. Spacewar! was the first game intended for computer use. Russell used a MIT PDP-1 mainframe computer to design his game.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In 1967, Ralph Baer wrote the first video game played on a television set, a game called Chase. Ralph Baer was then part of Sanders Associates, a military electronics firm. Ralph Baer first conceived of his idea in 1951 while working for Loral, a television company. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In 1971, Nolan Bushnell together with Ted Dabney, created the first arcade game. It was called Computer Space, based on Steve Russell's earlier game of Spacewar!. The arcade game Pong was created by Nolan Bushnell (with help from Al Alcorn) a year later in 1972. Nolan Bushnell and Ted Dabney started Atari Computers that same year. In 1975, Atari re-released Pong as a home video game.[/SIZE]
Larry Kerecman was one of the first first operators of video arcade games, including Computer Space. He writes that, "The brilliance of these machines was that Nolan [SIZE=-1]Bushnell and company took what was computer programming (in Space War) and translated it into a simpler version of the game (no gravity) using hard-wired logic circuits. The printed circuit boards that comprise electronics of these games use integrated circuits called small-scale integrated circuits. They consist of discrete logic chips and gates or gates, 4-line to 16-line decoders, etc. straight out of the Texas Instruments catalog. The shape of the rocket ship and flying saucer even are visible in a pattern of diodes on the PC board."[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In 1972, the first commercial video game console that could be played in the home, the Odyssey was released by Magnavox and designed by Ralph Baer. The game machine was originally designed while Ralph Baer was still at Sanders Associates in 1966, Baer managed to gain his legal rights to the machine after Sanders Associates rejected it. The Odyssey came programmed with twelve games.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In 1976, Fairchild released the first programmable home game console called the Fairchild Video Entertainment System, and later renamed Channel F. Channel F was one of the first electronic systems to use the newly invented microchip invented by Robert Noyce for the Fairchild Semiconductor Corporation that allowed video games to not be limited by the number of TTL switches.[/SIZE]
On June 17, 1980, Atari's "Asteroids" and "Lunar Lander" were the first two video games to ever be registered in the Copyright Office.

http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blcomputer_videogames.htm

Either way, all of these games, new and old are created using a pc.

Most of you guys like BattleField, Call of Duty, Half Life 2, Counter - Strike, Halo... the general concept of it all was started on the PC with the creation of doom and wolfenstien 3d. Those were the fore fathers, sorta speak, of First Person Shooters that have led to use have this awesome games.

XrunDan

Reaction score
WOOT! Just signed up with Xfire. I play mostly WoW, and COD4.

Top Bottom