Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X one status

X-roller

Reaction score
I have a feeling the x-1's are gonna start popping up for sale at there regular going price of 1k or so soon if this pro efi works out..... So for those that over paid for that x-1 you'll be kicking yourself once that alternate comes out..... I'm praying that something comes out soon... I want to upgrade my charger badly already and i'm tired of waiting...

trd_sport

Reaction score
I have a feeling the x-1's are gonna start popping up for sale at there regular going price of 1k or so soon if this pro efi works out..... So for those that over paid for that x-1 you'll be kicking yourself once that alternate comes out..... I'm praying that something comes out soon... I want to upgrade my charger badly already and i'm tired of waiting...

I think the proefi with all the cool stuff is more expensive....thats the one i want......with the cool stuff...........it honestly seems to make it better than an x1, but only time will tell.

Back on topic...............
......................................... the x1 still isnt out.

outlaw7

Reaction score
i got in touch with 8o8drifter whos 09 was just totaled out to see if i could get his ecu/plugs to hopefully send into pro efi to see if they can manufacture up some plug and play stuff for the 09+ ecu's. hes gonna see if he can get it out of the truck and let me know.

azburnin

Reaction score
i got in touch with 8o8drifter whos 09 was just totaled out to see if i could get his ecu/plugs to hopefully send into pro efi to see if they can manufacture up some plug and play stuff for the 09+ ecu's. hes gonna see if he can get it out of the truck and let me know.

Good idea, this may be a break we are looking for. To get another company that is a little more capable and willing to do this would be awesome! Not to Say APR isn't but, well look at where we are.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score

That's a great idea, however just because the company can get their hands on the plugs and outlets doesn't mean they're going to copy them. There are still patent laws and such to deal with. I'm sure if there weren't legal restrictions these plugs and outlets would already be available.

outlaw7

Reaction score
maybe toon can chime in, he has been in contact with them i was just trying to help him find an 09+ ecu and plugs.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that it is more to use those stock connectors to make a plug n play kit, vs using those connectors so that that can make their own. Although I wouldn't throw that idea out either.

Toon714

Reaction score
when i talk to pro efi.they said they can make the plugs for me if i send them the ecu,harness and connectors. let me copy and paste the email they sent me.

The connectors used on your vehicle are definitely different than those used on the 05-08. We will be able to provide a plug & play kit for the older Tacoma’s, but not for the 09+. If you have the wiring information and feel that you would like to attempt to wire the Pro48 in yourself we do sell the plug & pin kit or a Pro48 flying lead. If not you could take your project to Secret Services and they can install and tune it for you. Otherwise we will have to wait until we can source the parts necessary to produce a plug & play kit, which I am currently searching for. Unfortunately, I cannot estimate a timeframe or guarantee that we will be able to locate these parts. In a worst case scenario we can assemble a plug & play harness for you if you can provide a spare ECU to be disassembled and all of the engine harness side connectors with a few inches of wire attached.

Thanks for your interest,

pro efi

sounds like they can make the 09+ harness if we supply them with the stuff.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that makes sense, because that's just a re-wiring exercise. What I was getting at was that they can't reproduce them :top: Hope a few guys can get these up and running. We should probably think about splitting this off into it's own thread. This is getting off the topic of X1

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

Emanon

Reaction score
Allan from APR is posting over on CT and I am sorely tempted to ask what's up with X1s.

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^why clutter that thread up with a question for Allan? That thread is already so phucked up beyond anything I've seen in the past year:laugh:

Slay0r

Reaction score
Lol yeh it took me a good minute to go through all of that.

Top Bottom