Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X-Runner Discontinued?

dcaff05XR

Reaction score
Yes there is a 2012 X-runner. most of those dumb dealers dont even know what it is. ill tell ya what it is, its the only 6spd RWD sport vehicle they make lol. When i bought my 05 off a lease a few years ago i asked about a new xrunner. i found out apparently the x is only available in certain parts of the country or u will have to have the dealer order one for you. I hope they never cancel the X. search cars.com for a new x and u will see results with pics. theres a 2012 XR thread as well.

bluuge

Reaction score
here's some pics of a new member's (RichardXRyan) 2012. for sure still in production.

image-1433321332.jpg

image-3842413716.jpg

HIbspXR48

Reaction score
X-runner is NOT discontinued. I have three friends that work at Toyota. Sales, office, and maintenance.
X-runner sales is boomin here in HI. All incoming X's are presold already. none on the lot for demos.

widdoz runner

Reaction score
if my memory is right its a limited production vic... only 5000 a year or is it 2000???

X-Pablo

Reaction score
2009 was the last year of the X-Runner for Canada, simply because of poor sales and also because in 2010 Toyota Canada brought Scion cars into Canada, and they didn't want the X-Runner competing with Scion. I'm sure if Toyota was going to cancel the X-Runner in the USA it will probably be for the 2013 model year or when the next gen Tacoma's are produced.

Trueant

Reaction score
I actually own the 2012 X that gunner took the pics of and i had the same problem. The first dealership i went to claimed they could not order one. The second one (Don Davis Toyota) in Arlington Texas ordered it within 10 minutes of me walking through the door. Lance Armostron was the Salesman and he was awesome from start to finish, it took me almost 3 months to get my truck in and he called me several times a month with updates.

RichardXRyan

Reaction score
I went to a dealership in Austin that told me they would have a hard time finding one too. The sales manager told me there was only 5 in the southwest region of the U.S. Then, I went to another one who had one still on the delivery truck. I was told it was the only one in Austin so I bought a black 2012 right off the truck.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
DONT EVER LISTEN TO SALESMEN! I love toyota, but HAVEN'T met ONE f*cking SALESMEN THAT HAS A SLIGHTEST IDEA OF WTF THEIR TALKING ABOUT!

RichardXRyan

Reaction score
I agree. I only meant that they had only 5 2012's available in the region. My salesman had never heard of one before. lol

XTruckDriver

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, XRunners were discontinued in the last half of the 2011 year. It was about the time of the Camry gas pedal issue and they were switching those resources to help with the recalls for the Camry throttle position sensors. They were resuming production for the 2012 models.

madtrucker

Reaction score
The salesman told me they were discontinued, but they just happened to have an 08 on the lot. Which i should buy b4 they all disappear.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
That sucks, I was hoping to get back in one next year, was really hoping for a new one!

Top Bottom