X-Runners as long term keeper?

Discussion in 'Polls & Surveys' started by Billy182, Feb 5, 2019.

1. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

@Billy182 i think it would be a sin to sell ur truck. things beautiful man. x runners aren't everyone's cup of tea but for people that like them or even know what they are people will drool over yours.

2. mspeasl

mspeasl Member

I’m in the Midwest where X-Runners aren’t even seen. I had to go through hell just to get this truck in the summer of 2007. My Toyota dealer didn’t even know what I was talking about since it wasn’t on his built sheets as available. I was finally able to get one through this web site the fall of 07 and it was dropped at my dealer with my name on it. They (my dealer) wondered where it came from and how in the devil was I able to get it. My secret. LOL. Anyway it now has 45K on it and were still enjoying it each and every time we drive it. It will be 12 this October and I have no plans to send it down the road as I have two grandsons that have fought over it since it first came home. The youngest may give up the fight since we just finished his new truck last spring

Attached Files:

blu xr likes this.
  3. mejbro

mejbro Member

NICE TRUCKS!
    EVERYONE!

4. markgt531

markgt531 Active Member

ahahah wish i had 7 xrunners... im just down to 1 xrunner now.. who knows in the future lol. def see yalls at the next gathering

5. hypertaco

hypertaco Member

Not sure where I read this, but the X is slated to become a collectors item around the year 2040.... not sure if that is all models, or 05-11 or just 12-15. I'll be 65 then and probably wont have the knees to drive mine anymore.

6. BSP06XRU

BSP06XRU Old Member

I've always herd that any car becomes a "classic" car after 25 years. It becomes an "antique" after 50 years.

A quick search on-line said:
    The department of motor vehicles (DMV) definition for a classic car differs from state to state. In general, though a classic is any vehicle older than 15 years while an antique is more than 25 years old.

The first X-Runners would be a classic next year! Wether is would be a "collectable" car is another thing...

7. blu xr

blu xr Member

mines an 05...ive had it since 08 or 09. got it for my wife - traded in her problematic bmw z4 for it.

it officially became my dd when i got her a 2014 mustang in grabber blue...she always wanted a "cute little blue mustang". she ended up missing the xr so much that we traded it in for a 2016 tx ed tacoma when they first came out. just recently traded it in for a 2019 trd sport taco in that new cavalery blue lol.

we are the 2nd owners and it had about 32k miles when purchased...have over 190k. no plans to get rid of it, infact, i was thinking about getting another one w/low miles and a s.c. to have for the weekend. that's why im on here today...to see whats on the 'for sale' section lol

8. Billy182

Billy182 Member

No love for the new Supra?

blu xr likes this.
  9. mejbro

mejbro Member

Not a "Supra" if it's built on a BMW platform....
    Just puked.... and again...

blu xr and spicciani2 like this.
  10. o0opackersfano0o

o0opackersfano0o Active Member

Haha. Buy a 1 series with a 6 speed. Better then supra.

11. blu xr

blu xr Member

haha...just saw this. the amount of hate for the Zupr4 on supraforums is crazy.
    i had plans to get one when first announced, but since learning its being built by bmw put that on hold. well see...

its killing me too...

like ive mentioned before, ive owned a z4 for a bit and it was nothing short of a nightmare as many times as we had to take it to be serviced.

ive owed 3 supras (currently a mkiv and just sold my mkiii to my brother) and 4 tacos...i dd the 05 xr and the wife dd's a 2019 trd sport

no thanks....no more bimmers for me!

12. Edgeman

Edgeman Member

I think it's a "keeper." I bought my 08 X just after Mother's Day weekend in 2008 after my 94 Toyota Truck was killed by a semi that ran a red light. Just like my 94, the 08 runs as good today as it did the day I drove it off the dealer's lot. I have had one failure (a brake light bulb) during the time I've owned it, and I still love driving it. It was my DD until about three years ago when I bought a 08 TSX to use to crank out the miles. I intend to keep it indefinitely because I just don't see anything that better suits my needs coming onto the market.

I use it like a truck; I've used it as a daily commuter, and I've used it for play. It does everything well.

What's the key to longevity? Probably keeping the drivetrain "bone stock" and being very strict with the routine maintenance.

13. 30Birdy

30Birdy Member

I say its a keeper, at least for awhile longer. I have to much fun driving it and enjoy the compliments I get. The new GMC Cyclone is kinda tempting, but limited production and a steep price make it out of reach for now.