Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XR Diffuser

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
So I have been trying to do this for a very long time and I finally got all the plastics on the back bumper so I can finally start this.

Let me know what you guys think

a5b26fe0.jpg

Mr.X

Reaction score
ive also thought of that but wouldnt know how to come about of doing it seems like a cool idea

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I don't know...I think I might have to see a photoshop before I can make up my mind:dontknow:.

Maybe Steve can help us out with that:smile:

And I'm curious...where did you get the plastics from?

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
Well my first though was make a mold out of aluminum with rivets. Get it to how you like it. Then cover the top and bottom with Fiber glass then join them both and bondo the edges and make it purdy.

My brother is pretty good with Fiberglass.

When I get a little extra cash to buy the supplies ill start it.

I drew it up from my head. There a ton of different designs on Diffusers out on the market for different cars.

Last edited:

darthyota

Reaction score
I'd rock one would go real nice witha splitter and a flatbottom on the truck

darthyota

Reaction score
Like what the trd x runner has I couldn't find pics but they used aluminium panels to smooth out the underside of the truck (like on a racecar) to improve airflow

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
I mean you could do this with enough aluminum, but that is going to take some work and a lift. My old MR2 comes from factory with plastics from the front bumper all the way to the back of the car. The idea of the diffuser is to keep the ass end of the car/ truck on the ground at high speeds.

darthyota

Reaction score
I mean you could do this with enough aluminum, but that is going to take some work and a lift. My old MR2 comes from factory with plastics from the front bumper all the way to the back of the car. The idea of the diffuser is to keep the ass end of the car/ truck on the ground at high speeds.

The diffuser helps make the other aero mods on a vehicle work better by slowing down the air coming from underneath a vehicle preventing turbulance but if the underside of the vehicle isn't smooth there's no real advantage to running a diffuser

RumRunner

Reaction score
carve it out of foam, lay fiberglass over the foam, carve out the foam from behind the fiberglass, prep and paint the fiberglass

DemonXrunner

Reaction score
I am trying to keep the cost down. My brother has extra fiberglass stuff to finish the diffuser. Not a big fan of the trd one, I would also like to see the underside of the trd truck.

TRD-X

Reaction score
I think it would be lame! I want to see the X-brace Cuz.:ahhhhh:

darthyota

Reaction score
Looking at the apr site I'm wondering if we can get enough people who want an underbody aero kit we could get them to make a widebody or underbody aero kit the would include a splitter flat underbody panels and a rear diffuser for our trucks. Perhaps something similar to the trd x

TRD-X

Reaction score
^^ I like the stock body look Cuz. Sorry

Top Bottom