Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XR-U Errors

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's been brought to my attention that some of you have been getting random 404 errors while using the site. I've spoken with VBulletin support and they gave me a con valuated response full of random "things to try." I explained to them that the error is intermittent and trying their list of BS would be nearly impossible to test.

So, with that said - anyone that receives a 404 error please PM me and let me know about it. I'm going to be making some changes from time to time until I can hopefully pinpoint where the issue resides. Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• news.404.gif
    news.404.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 200

XDsm

Reaction score
I got one when voting in a poll. Kept coming up 404 error but seemed to take the vote. If I had read this post before it happened I would have took a screenshot for you.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've made another change to the board. Please let me know if anyone still hits a 404. Thanks!

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Last couple times its done this to me is when i go to member list and click on someones user name to view there profile

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of the people having problems - who is using Firefox and who is using IE7. I need to know if this is browser-specific. I use Firefox and I never get 404 errors.

XRobber

Reaction score
Last couple times its done this to me is when i go to member list and click on someones user name to view there profile
That has happened to me multiple times now that I think about it....
IE7 here

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this a sign telling me i need to switch to firefox :hmmmm2:

You should have already. It's a much better browser. I was an IE devotee - but once I gave Firefox a good two week trial, I switched and I'll never go back.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
You should have already. It's a much better browser. I was an IE devotee - but once I gave Firefox a good two week trial, I switched and I'll never go back.

Ill try it when i get home :top:

xmoney

Reaction score
IE7 - never have had an issue accessing this site. Anywhere i have been... DNS entries right?

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Lol, just got it again trying to exit this thread.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
IE7 - never have had an issue accessing this site. Anywhere i have been... DNS entries right?

Yeah - all the DNS entries are correct. It's a known problem with VBulletin - although they're quick fix (modifying the Apache setup through .htaccess) didn't work for me.

I have finally found that I can fairly repetitively recreate the problem by viewing the member list and clicking on a name. Hopefully I'll find some time tonight to try to work on the problem.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have made another change - please let me know if you guys are still getting 404's --- if you are, are they as frequent?

XDsm

Reaction score
I have made another change - please let me know if you guys are still getting 404's --- if you are, are they as frequent?

I've been getting this message pretty frequently when opening threads.
xruerror.jpg

Top Bottom