Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEWS XRU Member in Truckin' Magazine

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know this was posted in another thread, but I don't feel that it got nearly enough notice.

Congratulations to Generation-X for making the Reader's Rides section of Truckin' Magazine this month!

Seen on page 166 of this month's issue, Truckin' Magazine takes notice that although they cater to American Muscle that Imports definitely deserve a little love too. Glad to see that our XRU calendar winner was also given notice by a larger, national publication.

Attachments

• truckin_mag.gif
    truckin_mag.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,637

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
Bigger pic please so we can read the article! lol Congrats to Generation-X!

dragginjess

Reaction score
thats so cool! i have 2 pics in the MINI TRUCKIN mag for this month :)

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Congrats on the publication and keep up the good repping.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... just lost a little respect for Truckin Magazine. I didn't read the entire thing earlier at work - but it appears that Truckin' may need to stop focusing so much on Ford's and Chevy's and learn a little about the imports. Here is the write-up:

"We love to see trucks that are a little out of the norm, and the Toyota X-Runner is a truck that can achieve 'knockout' status with the right mods. David understands this, as his '-5 X features a 3-4 DJM drop, a C-notched frame and 10x8-inch ASA JH9 wheels with 255/49R19 Vredestein Sessanta rubber at each corner. The exterior features a recessed grill with Audi silver paint coating the inner lip, and projector headlight housings with color matched accents. The interior features two-tone black and silver suede seats and painted dash trim. Future plans include an electric ragtop and a fully adjustable coilover suspension that will transform this factory supercharged truck in a race-ready hauler in no time."

So, where's the MAJOR mistake in this write-up?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Not exactly factory supercharged :laugh: :fail:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
Congrats again david! I'm ready to see ur truck again and see the changes in person!

Congrats to u too jess!

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
What gobbers, factory supercharged come on people do your research.

shaX 07

Reaction score
Nice job brother, there should be more X's in magazines :top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not exactly factory supercharged :laugh: :fail:
It's not even the fact that it's not factory supercharged so much as it's not even POSSIBLE to get a supercharger from the factory. What a bunch of bone heads. :thumpdown::thumpdown:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is freaking awesome dude! I know it had to make you feel good inside.:top:

Generation-X

Reaction score
Performance: Stage 3 Rotrex Supercharged. Upgraded cam sprockets, 670cc fuel injectors fueled by 255 walbro pump, Iridium spark plugs, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Doug Thorley Pipebomb Y-Pipe, Banks catback monster exhaust.

Thats what was included in my email to him back in November of last year. Start of December he approved of the truck and wanted the Hi Res versions of the pictures. So its been long awaited and unknown when it was going to be posted.
I just recently updated them on Facebook about my change of plans to the rear end shaving and showed them my teaser shot. They think its gonna be bad&*%

Thanks again for the main news though I totally didnt expect to see this :)

alexxwing

Reaction score
It's not even the fact that it's not factory supercharged so much as it's not even POSSIBLE to get a supercharger from the factory. What a bunch of bone heads. :thumpdown::thumpdown:

haha i know alot of the guys down in sport truck and truckin mag. ill give them a call and have them check out this thread lol :top:

Generation-X

Reaction score
LOL.....the email conversation was with me and John Mata...somewhere down the road it got confused but no biggie. Beggars cant be choosers and im just glad to be on the mags pages :)

Top Bottom