Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XRunner DOWN :(

CorollaJ2005

Reaction score
False alarm, I was on my way home from dinner tonight and the new belt broke and this time so did the supercharger belt. Now the supercharger pulley seems to be hanging up :(

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you might have some type of rubbing issue.....belt wears itself out and snaps?????

CorollaJ2005

Reaction score
No, the belt comes off the pulleys then gets tangled around everything and then snaps.

Sykotic336

Reaction score
that really sux but at least you have warranty... the belt is probably too tight slips off with force and slaps everything and snaps:dontknow:

CorollaJ2005

Reaction score
I talked to the dealer today again. They ordered the 2 belts. They're gonna keep it for a week and drive it and see if they can figure out what happens to make the belt walk off the pulley.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
COROLLA,were you present when the s/c was installed?I remember the day when me & ricky(toyota master tech did the first ever s/c install at k.p.t.the tensioner bolt provided to install in the block was too long which would make the bottom tensioner pulley be out of line somewhat.ricky discovered it and shortened the bolt & installed it.should it happen again have your tech check the new tensioner installation & the bolt that installs in the block.:top:

CorollaJ2005

Reaction score
Truck has been gone a week now and not much has been done. They had some big shots come out and take a look at it and no one can find anything wrong. The tech working on it measured everything out and everything is in spec. He ran it a little today and it seemed ok but hes waiting on some pulleys to come in. I guess they're replacing them all just to be safe. I doubt thats the problem though.

rich017

Reaction score
well it sounds like they are trying to solve the problem instead of saying nothing is wrong and sending you off.

CorollaJ2005

Reaction score
I got a call on my lunch break today saying that they got all the parts on my truck and everything back together and they had it running on the lift for an hour and no problems came up. They were gonna go take it for a spin just to make sure so I told them go ahead. And guess what, the belt broke again. So now were back to square one AGAIN. It's been in the shop for over a week now. And they have to order more parts and since it broke after 3pm they have to wait till Monday to place the order. Looks like it's gonna be another week. If it breaks again it's time for a new car.

trd_sport

Reaction score
hmmmm..........got any pics of the pulleys and belts before they broke?

CorollaJ2005

Reaction score
Nope, but the tech working on it pulled a new Tacoma into the shop and compared my trucks stuff to it. Like the measurements and what not everything was the same. This is such a dumb problem. And it figures it's happening to me.

trd_sport

Reaction score
well the only common denomonator between all the belts is the dealer instal, correct? maybe take it to another dealer:dontknow:

Xraided

Reaction score
alot of x-runners are getting hurt lately.... whats up with that?? my xrunner got burned from my exhaust.. melted the piece by the exhuast:thumpdown:

morcheez

Reaction score
alot of x-runners are getting hurt lately.... whats up with that?? my xrunner got burned from my exhaust.. melted the piece by the exhuast:thumpdown:

yeah that was pretty :ahhhhh:....i had a problem today to when i went to wash my truck the paint on the body kit piece that just got replaced came right off:motz:

jmoore120

Reaction score
Damn that sucks, sorry your X is still down. Hope they figure it out and you get it back with no problems.

morcheez

Reaction score
sucks man...dropped mine of at 9 and they still havent called to say its done...they onlly have 2 hours to get her done or im gonna go ape shhhh :motz:

CorollaJ2005

Reaction score
No one called me yesterday or today. I just called them now. They wrapped it all up yesterday and even installed my new beg rug for free but I was surprised no one called me. They're gonna drive it today and tomorrow and make sure it's good to go and if everything checks out I'll get it back tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

morcheez

Reaction score
sweet man hope everything works out this time....yota still has my truck ..what a surprise :thumpdown:

Top Bottom