Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Xtreme Creation Speaker Questions

Clokwrk

Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking into buying my speakers and getting these bad boys installed. I know for sure I want to go with mtx subs. I have looked online and their website has no pricing so before I go to some overpriced audio shop and attempt not to get ripped off I wanted to throw up a few links and ask a few questions.

That being said what do you guys think of these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Ne...tZCarQ5fSubwoofersQ5fEnclosures#ht_3418wt_879

Will they fit?

Also I need to find a couple good midrange speakers. What size do those need to be to work with the xtreme creation panels?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MTX-..._Speakers?hash=item200330312919#ht_4576wt_758

Would something like these work?

Thanks in advance guys.

X-roller

Reaction score
not a fan of MTX.....I used to do competitions....Look into JL...Those are high quality and competion speakers. :) 2 W3 12" subs is the last that I ran and everyone gave me props on those for the name and sound quality. I ran 1500w Rockford to them. I used to do all this stuff for a living...Glad I got away from it...I can't stand that loud thump anymore....but it's someone elses cup of tea still I am sure....So look up some w3's or if you are up to a w7...lol....just one 10" w7 is all you will need....I guarantee it will out do all 4 of those. :)

plus it will help with the weight. :) fast x with good sound without all the weight.

Last edited:

Clokwrk

Reaction score
not a fan of MTX.....I used to do competitions....Look into JL...Those are high quality and competion speakers. :) 2 W3 12" subs is the last that I ran and everyone gave me props on those for the name and sound quality. I ran 1500w Rockford to them. I used to do all this stuff for a living...Glad I got away from it...I can't stand that loud thump anymore....but it's someone elses cup of tea still I am sure....So look up some w3's or if you are up to a w7...lol....just one 10" w7 is all you will need....I guarantee it will out do all 4 of those. :)

plus it will help with the weight. :) fast x with good sound without all the weight.

Everyone has their preference. I have plenty of friends who run mtx speakers and I have ran a few myself so thats what I plan on going with. Im not looking to spend an arm and a leg and I dont want ridiculous bass just a little extra thump ya know?

Another question is with the midrange speakers and the subs do I need a 4 channel amp to run all 4 or do the midrange speakers run ampless?

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Before you buy any subs for Xtreme Kreations, be sure you look up the specs and check the mounting depth and required air space for those subs. There's not much to work with in there if you don't want to limit yourself to shallow-mount subs.

The dimensions of the enclosure are rated for mounting depth of 6.5" and air space of 0.5 ft^3

Clokwrk

Reaction score
Before you buy any subs for Xtreme Kreations, be sure you look up the specs and check the mounting depth and required air space for those subs. There's not much to work with in there if you don't want to limit yourself to shallow-mount subs.

The dimensions of the enclosure are rated for mounting depth of 6.5" and air space of 0.5 ft^3

Thank you sir :top:

If some of you wouldn't mind, could you post up the sub/midrange/amp combos you have used on your own applications?

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Everyone has their preference. I have plenty of friends who run mtx speakers and I have ran a few myself so thats what I plan on going with. Im not looking to spend an arm and a leg and I dont want ridiculous bass just a little extra thump ya know?

Another question is with the midrange speakers and the subs do I need a 4 channel amp to run all 4 or do the midrange speakers run ampless?

If you have components up front, you don't "need" to replace your stockers in the back. If you don't have components up front and want to replace your rear speakers as well, get a 4-channel for those and get a separate amp for the subs :top:

X-roller

Reaction score
The more channels the smaller the bass. You should go with a 2 channel. The Midrange can be ran ampless which in your case is what I would do since you aren't looking for a lot of bass....the only times you should run them through the amp is if you want the midrange to be loud enough for the bass speakers but that would be extra as well because you would have to buy crossovers. I would buy a two channel amp. Bride two and two and run them each to a channel. Sound quality is good and the midrange depends on what your deck can handle. What kind of deck do you have? What audio options do you have on it?

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Last edited:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
MTX are good speakers...they also have their competition lines Thunder series...

I am running an Orion HCCA 10.4" but you already knew that...

Kyle I know you want to run MTX so I suggest the Thunder series amps... 4 channel for your mids and highs and 2 channel for your subs...

Clokwrk

Reaction score
The more channels the smaller the bass. You should go with a 2 channel. The Midrange can be ran ampless which in your case is what I would do since you aren't looking for a lot of bass....the only times you should run them through the amp is if you want the midrange to be loud enough for the bass speakers but that would be extra as well because you would have to buy crossovers. I would buy a two channel amp. Bride two and two and run them each to a channel. Sound quality is good and the midrange depends on what your deck can handle. What kind of deck do you have? What audio options do you have on it?

Im just running the stock deck, but thanks for asking cause that was another question I had. I'm thinking I should wait and get a new deck at the same time so I have the complete package?

So basically you and Sean are saying I can reuse the stock speakers in the rear and run the subs to a 2channel amp and that will work just fine? I'm not looking for epic bass I just want a nice clean sound with a little bit of bump.

I have a pair of Kenwood KFC-XW1000f and a JL 500/1 v1 at home. They just might end up in the truck b/c nobody seems to need any xtreme kreations :laugh:

How much did your components cost all together?

MTX are good speakers...they also have their competition lines Thunder series...

I am running an Orion HCCA 10.4" but you already knew that...

Kyle I know you want to run MTX so I suggest the Thunder series amps... 4 channel for your mids and highs and 2 channel for your subs...

Me thinks this ish is gonna get expensive...

Last edited:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
depending with what line you go with...check this link out below they have killer deals on amps, components, subs...etc...:top: + you still get warranty...

Online Car Stereo - MTX

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Im just running the stock deck, but thanks for asking cause that was another question I had. I'm thinking I should wait and get a new deck at the same time so I have the complete package?

So basically you and Sean are saying I can reuse the stock speakers in the rear and run the subs to a 2channel amp and that will work just fine? I'm not looking for epic bass I just want a nice clean sound with a little bit of bump.

How much did your components cost all together?

You'd be surprised how much better your stock speakers sound with a new head unit and a bit of sound dampening.

I bought that stuff so long ago, I'd have to dig to find prices. I have no recollection :hmmmm2:
The amp was less than 200, I think. The subs were a little over 100 each. I think with the wiring kit and everything it was all under 500 bucks.

rich017

Reaction score
for the xtreme creation's, any sub that has a air volume requirement reduced all the way down to .5 sealed and has a mounting depth of 6.5 inches (nothing larger) will work.

IMO you should put some W3's in there if the air requirement is rated down to a .5

And for the mids they need to be 6.5's

Clokwrk

Reaction score
depending with what line you go with...check this link out below they have killer deals on amps, components, subs...etc...:top: + you still get warranty...

Online Car Stereo - MTX

You da man as always

You'd be surprised how much better your stock speakers sound with a new head unit and a bit of sound dampening.

I bought that stuff so long ago, I'd have to dig to find prices. I have no recollection :hmmmm2:
The amp was less than 200, I think. The subs were a little over 100 each. I think with the wiring kit and everything it was all under 500 bucks.

That sounds pretty reasonable. Price isnt really an issue. Im not trying to be cheap but at the same time I dont want to pay out the rear.

for the xtreme creation's, any sub that has a air volume requirement reduced all the way down to .5 sealed and has a mounting depth of 6.5 inches (nothing larger) will work.

IMO you should put some W3's in there if the air requirement is rated down to a .5

And for the mids they need to be 6.5's

Oh ok. It is hard to be brand loyal/specific on what I want it to sound like seeing as I dont know 100% how to do this. Hopefully I can figure it out. Thanks for the info though :top:

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
Yeah in that case....Audio options are out the door and sound quality will be reduced....You will need audio options for your midrange speakers otherwise the speakers will be useless....it will sound the same :thumpdown: The purpose of this is so when you buy midrange speakers you can run more power to them....that is the benefit of a aftermarket deck...very few stock decks come with what they call a "mini amp" inside a deck. Mostly all after market decks come with one.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
no problem kyle...any time you need help just give me a call...

BTW if you need help installing or running your audio let me know. I can help you with that...that way you can save some cash in that area...

Clokwrk

Reaction score
Yeah in that case....Audio options are out the door and sound quality will be reduced....You will need audio options for your midrange speakers otherwise the speakers will be useless....it will sound the same :thumpdown: The purpose of this is so when you buy midrange speakers you can run more power to them....that is the benefit of a aftermarket deck...very few stock decks come with what they call a "mini amp" inside a deck. Mostly all after market decks come with one.

And that's the reason I started this thread. Thanks for all the helpful info :top:

I'll definitely be buying a deck before I get started on the XC panels.

no problem kyle...any time you need help just give me a call...

BTW if you need help installing or running your audio let me know. I can help you with that...that way you can save some cash in that area...

I'll definitely be taking you up on that offer brotha :biggrin:

BTW did you find a place that sells the raamat or dynamat?

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
not a problem. Glad I could be of assistance. If anyone has any audio questions feel free to ask. I am pretty sure I can answer them. I got pretty in depth with these things. It was my life for a while. Glad I got away from it though...Now I am an Automotive Technician. Start my ASE certification this summer. :)

And that's the reason I started this thread. Thanks for all the helpful info :top:

I'll definitely be buying a deck before I get started on the XC panels.

One more thing...Make sure you get quality over quantity in the amps that the deck provides.....that is a big issue when you are running a system.

Last edited:

Clokwrk

Reaction score
not a problem. Glad I could be of assistance. If anyone has any audio questions feel free to ask. I am pretty sure I can answer them. I got pretty in depth with these things. It was my life for a while. Glad I got away from it though...Now I am an Automotive Technician. Start my ASE certification this summer. :)

Haha good luck answering all those Tech A says TechB says quesitons... God those get soo damn old after a while. The best way to approach those tests is to act like each question is 2 individual true/false questions. Made taking them wayyy easier :top:

One more thing...Make sure you get quality over quantity in the amps that the deck provides.....that is a big issue when you are running a system.

What exactly do you mean sir?

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
well basically the Watts that a deck can put out can be greater than another one. Gives you better sound quality if you can run more power to them. Don't always be fooled by the numbers though. Some decks can provide a bit more power but the quality sucks and for some reason tend to burn out :motz: I have ran into that problem a lot because people wanna keep turning there volume up and have a cheap deck that puts out more than what it should be able to handle then they come back complaining because there sound quality sounds like crap after a few months....In some cases I have ran into where quality outdoes the amps of a cheaper deck....in short terms....A Dual Deck that pushes 4 x 55w which means it pushes 55 watts to each speaker does give you louder sound but a clarion can push 4 x 50w and sound even better. That is what I mean by Quality over Quantity. Sorry for the long explanation. Just had to get in depth so you understand why these are such a big issue

Top Bottom