Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

yay need new tires

Mclovin

"Chicka Chicka Yea"
Reaction score
well im looking for some opionions on some tires to marry to my konigs'....
goodyear eagle f1 allseason
toyo proxis st ii
nitto invo
nitto nt555
bfgoodrich g-force t/a kdw

SX TOY

Reaction score
I recently researched a majority of those tires and my pick was the nitto 555 it is a well balanced performer with excellent reviews no major complaints and a decent price:top:

Amarillo X

Reaction score
I got the 555's McLovin, and have no probs at all. I work at a Goodyear and that's what they suggested for me. Although I have heard good things about the invos they just cost a little more! However....judging by how you drive you may
want to check out slicks!!!!!!!HaHaHa

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I've heard good things about the Nitto Invos. Haven't ran them myself, but looking at getting those next. I have the KDW NTs right now, and I'm not too impressed with dry handling and performance. Awesome in the rain though.

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
look at the continental conti contac 3 tires. They are really good tires, non directional, and good price. But if money not an issue I would say Invo's.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
either of the nittos....I ran the piss out of my nt555's and they never gave me any reason to complain....:top:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running the NT555s and love them. The ONLY complaint I have is they don't like to be cold. When the temps have dipped into the 40s they need some time to warm up before they stick.

Murderface

Reaction score
I have the nitto invo's now and have had them for 1 or 2k miles now. I haven't had any issues with them wet or dry. They're very quiet on the highway. You should be able to find the stock size 255/45ZR18 for around $160-$170 a tire.
The tread pattern gets many compliments

Grumpy

Reaction score
What size are you trying to run?

Some tread pattern may look cool than other but that goes out the window real quick when going hot into the twisty. :driver:
Beside, you can't see it from the driver seat anyways. Try to stay away from all-season, it will improve wet handling but hurt performance under all other condition.

Murderface

Reaction score
The Invos have huge shoulder blocks, I've never seen a tire that has this much road contact besides slicks or DR.

Just get what u can afford and don't be too crazy and you'll be fine.

Mclovin

"Chicka Chicka Yea"
Reaction score
ive been in love with the invo's ever sinve they came out.... so ill probly save up for em... and grumpy ima be running about an 8x18.. for the konigs i have... its just like our stockers same width and diamater...

oh and yea sass i would love to own a set of slicks.... but i think the invos are as close as ima need or get for a while

Grumpy

Reaction score
It wasn't directed at you Christ. All I'm saying is people have bought other model tires that has cool tread pattern and higher wear rating thinking it'll last longer. Dry grip (longitudinal & lateral) were less and it didn't last any longer compare to stock Potenza.

INVO look promising as it has 2 wide circumferential groove to resist hydroplane. The tightly pack shoulder block help prevent deflection and give good feedback while still evacuate the water.

There's other tires that have bigger shoulder block w/o being slick or DR. R-compound tire such as Micheline Pilot Sport Cup, Yokohama ADVAN A048, Falken AZENIS RT0615, Nitto NT-01 and so on.

Top Bottom