Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

yellow foglight ??? help

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
just got my X. and i want to put the yellow fog lights. i hear so many ideas but what do you guys think would be the best?

gunner76137

Reaction score
I just put a yellow tint over mine but they make yellow bulbs, depends on if you want them to look yellow during the day or only when on??

Coupe

Reaction score
That would be the easiest.

Nokya Hyper Yellow bulbs would be an easy swap.

J

JDUB916

Look up Luminous Solutions in XRU, he sells awesome HID products, and also has the yellow fogs in HID, I have those and would never go back to anything else. They're simply delicious!

InkedRunner

Reaction score
They sell a yellow Fog light housing kit with wires and switches on ebay. U do not need the wires and switches. So, after u install the yellow housing on your truck then sell the new fog light kit and make your money back.

I paired up with someone on this site that had a stock tacoma and needed fogs. I baught the kitand split the cost with the guy. That way we both got what we wanted. I got the yellow fogs and he got the fog light install kit.

The price is also lower now then before.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/280532...f73f3d6&itemid=280532439271&ff4=263602_263632

XRunner562

Reaction score
i have yellow laminx fog light covers on mine. 18 bucks for a pair. it looks great. plus i have 3000k HID bulbs, which intensifies the yellow.

Slay0r

Reaction score
i was thinking about going the cheaper route of the laminx, but when i keep reading reviews, i was seeing ppl either not getting it on right, or it coming off/peeling at the edges.

i think ima just have to break down and buy the 80 ebay kit and re-sell my fogs as a kit to someone else

dmbfan73

Reaction score
watch out for the ebay kits, most of them are junk. i bought a set and after about a month the lenses started melting.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
i had another suggestion earlier today, at Michaels craft store they sell glass paint. ???

InkedRunner

Reaction score
The ebay kit that I have is top notch I have never seen such quality in a ebay lighting kit.

Trust me if you look thru the threads you will see that I tried it all. The translucent paint isnt going to work you will need to bake the paint on and you cant on the plastic fogs.

Here is a link to my review.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=29281

The Lamin-x crap did not work when it got hot or cold outside it peeled. The translucent paints did not work. Headlight armor did not work. Good luck. Trust me I know what I am talking about.

Slay0r

Reaction score
i know what your talkin about. i think ima just go for the whole kit route

Top Bottom