Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

yellow fogs

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
cheap and easy. I bought the HeadlightArmor fog light film cover/protection kit in GT Yellow.
I'm happy with these and will keep them until I make a few attempts at spray tinting on my turn signal lenses.

I'll post pics up when I get them back on the truck. I'm gonna give her a well deserved wash first :top:

Also if anyone is wondering I'll continue to run my Nokya 2500k bulbs with these

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 91

astronomyX

Reaction score
Very nice... I've been wanting to do this since I first got the truck, where did you get the film and about how much was this to do? ...maybe you could drop a quick write-up on here on pulling those fogs and how to apply the film? Thanks

W3LCH

Reaction score
Nice and cheap!:biggrin: good deal:top:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
That's the same combo I'm running right now! :top:

X-Front.jpg

CalSub3.jpg

dmbfan73

Reaction score
hope they are better than the lamin x ones!

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
http://www.headlightarmor.com/05-11-toyota-tacoma-fog-light-protection-kit.aspx

^ that's the link I got them from. Another member also has them too and said they are great and has been using them for a few years now.

They are about 17dollars for the pair. They have different GT Yellow, HID Blue, Clear, Light Smoke, Smoke and Steath Smoke.

There's a write up already on how to remove the fogs and it's really easy. Less than 5 minutes to pop them out.

As far as the installing the film it's really simple and comes with simple and easy to follow instructions.
I can post up what the instructions say if people would want.

That's the same combo I'm running right now! :top:

X-Front.jpg

CalSub3.jpg

Yeah, I got the idea from you while I was trying to find out how others have done it. I liked your method cheap and simple.

Thanks to you.

hope they are better than the lamin x ones!

BSP06XRU hasn't had any problems with them so I felt they were worth the try. In the future I will spray tint them but I wasn't comfortable enough to do it just yet. I'm gonna practice on my spare set of Turn Signal Lenses.

Last edited:

astronomyX

Reaction score
cool thanks for the link ...yeah I figured I could handle the fogs...and I really like it on the black with the signals too I wonder if the signals would turn out as well on the RR?

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
some install pics of them on the X, I took the pic with my iphone sorry for quality

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 101

98_mud_bug

Reaction score
what are the advantages of yellow fogs? just for looks or do they actually help?

KarnageXR

Reaction score
"headlightarmor.com/05-11-toyota-tacoma-fog-light-protection-kit.aspx"

^ that's the link I got them from. Another member also has them too and said they are great and has been using them for a few years now.

They are about 17dollars for the pair. They have different GT Yellow, HID Blue, Clear, Light Smoke, Smoke and Steath Smoke.

thanks for posting the link brah.

KarnageXR

Reaction score
Ordered a set for my fogs and a set for my R6...thanks again for posting the link

Scarface

Reaction score
They look wicked. As all yellow fogs do. :top:

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch.

Added the RGM to go along with it too.

Thanks to RE_TRD_X808(Chris) with the trade for the RGM

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 90

SooRunner

Reaction score
How hard was it to apply on the fog lights?

I bought a set off ebay and it was pretty damn hard. The sticker was flat and the fog light covers are somewhat concave outward. So I ruined like 2 sets trying to get them on there perfectly. So I'm left with nothing!:thumpdown:

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
How hard was it to apply on the fog lights?

I bought a set off ebay and it was pretty damn hard. The sticker was flat and the fog light covers are somewhat concave outward. So I ruined like 2 sets trying to get them on there perfectly. So I'm left with nothing!:thumpdown:

It's not that hard actually. I know what you mean about the the shape. The important thing is to work your way from the inside out. That's the main thing about them.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Why do u bother with stickers if u could just spray tint them?

Top Bottom