Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

yellow tint spray

InkedRunner

Reaction score
UPDATE BELOW

So, I want yellow fog lights. I bought the headlight armor and installed it. I followed all the instructions. I will add it is cold outside. but I kept them warm for at least an hour. I parked the truck in the garage, pulled it out a week later and the film bubbled all around the edges and looks like crap.

Anybody at the VA beach meet can vouch for hour crappy it turned out if they looked at my fogs.

After doing a little bit of searching I found some yellow tint spray. I am pretty excited. I just ordered a bottle. Here is the link

http://www.tunerzimage.com/Vans-yellow-tail-light-lens-paint-p/vansyw-lenspaint.htm DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM, THEY ARE A HOLES

I will let you all know how it goes and post pics when I am done. If I have any left at the end and it turns out nice anybody can come up and I will do it for them too.

Last edited:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yeah, keep us posted... my only concern will be how well it holds up to chipping.

Natas

Reaction score
I may have to get a bottle of that, if it works good. Good luck bro!! :top:

denzel05

Reaction score
I tried that stuff but in black, it chips pretty easily, also runs a lot. like watered down paint. hard to do anything with curves on it.

InkedRunner

Reaction score
Its advertised as not needing clear. It is specifically for lenses. I may need a Japanese interpreter to read the instructions though. I am willing to be the test dummy on this one. I will photodocument the process just in case it is the sh-it.

denzel05

Reaction score
Its advertised as not needing clear. It is specifically for lenses. I may need a Japanese interpreter to read the instructions though. I am willing to be the test dummy on this one. I will photodocument the process just in case it is the sh-it.

hahaha, yeah when i got my cans i was like wtf when it came to the instructions :hmmmm2:

InkedRunner

Reaction score
Here's one from a different company. It has some pictures, but they are of their smoke tint.
http://shop.autoi.com/osb/itemdetails.cfm/ID/3575

I found them too. But whe I went to checkout the connection was not secure. I am not trying to give out my credit card info to the whole web. Those were the instructions I was going to use though. Thank You. They are $5 cheaper than where I went. At least they have the interprited directions.

InkedRunner

Reaction score
OK so they discontinued this product and took my money while they were at it. I do not recomend this company to anybody (tunerzimage). They suck. I have made a claim to get my money back.

I ordered translucent spray from a hobby shop online. Its too thick for bright fog lights.

I just ordered the Lamin-x, hopefully it is better than the crappy Headlight armor.

Yes, I am determined to have yellow fog light covers. I will update again later when I install the Lamin-x.

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
OK so they discontinued this product and took my money while they were at it. I do not recomend this company to anybody (tunerzimage). They suck. I have made a claim to get my money back.

I ordered translucent spray from a hobby shop online. Its too thick for bright fog lights.

I just ordered the Lamin-x, hopefully it is better than the crappy Headlight armor.

Yes, I am determined to have yellow fog light covers. I will update again later when I install the Lamin-x.
determination FTW:rock:

morcheez

Reaction score
a former x owner truplayboy used some stained glass stuff he got a store like hobby lobby i think

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Sorry you had such bad luck with the Headlight Armor. I've had them on since August 07 and haven't had any problems... but I do live in Southern California and it doesn't get that cold here.

I would still rather get yellow foglight housings, but can't find them yet. Some did come up on e-bay before, but Dog beat me to it and got screwed. Still looking...

boneman840

Reaction score
Can't you just do it like the tails and just add yellow to clear and spray it.I wouldn't imagine it would be any different:dontknow:

Top Bottom