Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yet another break-in thred

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Yeah this is the one where he says to run it hard to set the piston rings right?

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I was actually going to do this with the xr but I forgot and you can't do half easy break-in then decide to got WOT everywhere. So I just did the normal take it easy one. There are quite a few threads on here talking about if the break in process is really even that important. I think it is.

Smokes

Reaction score
I had read this before i bought my X. When I took it out on the test drive it only had 5 miles on it, so I beat on it a little.

Smokes

Reaction score
Most people probably have some miles under their belt before getting boosted. If not, the added boost probably REALLY seats the rings:laugh:.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Oh I misread your mod thing. Didn't see the little "soon" after TRD S/C

eXuser01

Reaction score
^^^ that is true and they drive them a couple miles for testing so when you get them u have 10-15 miles on them which dosent give u much time to do what he said but than again beating on a vehicle is never good and babying one all the time isnt you just need to find a happy medium

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
^^^ that is true and they drive them a couple miles for testing so when you get them u have 10-15 miles on them which dosent give u much time to do what he said but than again beating on a vehicle is never good and babying one all the time isnt you just need to find a happy medium

mine had 4 miles. I dont think they took it for a spin. but they do break them in at the factory

most all mechanical components have some sort or "run in" performed on them

Justin

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
The motors are assembled and broken in on a dyno before they get dropped in the truck. Then they are test driven again at the factory.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
I bought my XR in Houston (Alvin,Texas) And drove it like a mad man all the way back to Dallas. :rock:

overdriven

Reaction score
The motors are assembled and broken in on a dyno before they get dropped in the truck. Then they are test driven again at the factory.

Is it an actual dyno where they run the engine or one of those setups where they spin them up with an electric motor without actually firing it

Top Bottom