Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

yet another problem with the x

ntinhri

Reaction score
man i hope it the issue for you and jason! cause this ghost is was hard to locate..

Stevenredx

Reaction score
update**

went to toyota today. And the tech says that the problem is coming from the end of the harness itself the " black plug". He reset my code. And reprogrammed my ecu. its running ok'' but the engine stutters from time to time. atleast my CEl hasent come on yet. Hey x trav. he didnt saulder in a new harness. :dontknow:

Seems to simple... still wondering why the truck stutters from time to time tho :dontknow:

Keep us posted, hopefully this is the solution.... >>> fingers crossed for you guys

drewXrunner

Reaction score
yah its shuttering bad now . the lady next to me was laughing because she thought i didnt know how to drive a manual :laugh:

Nope he never changed the plug. i know wierd.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
What your truck was doing, is exactly what mine was doing. They determined the problem was the plug, they replaced it, I haven't had a single problem since. I would request that they replace it.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Wow.... hope this issue turns out to only be a bad plug for you guys... keep us posted

To think all the money and time that's went to X-trav truck trying to find the cause. :thumpdown:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Wow.... hope this issue turns out to only be a bad plug for you guys... keep us posted

To think all the money and time that's went to X-trav truck trying to find the cause. :thumpdown:

Yeh about enough for a fuel pump and urd exhaust:thumpdown: Ill wait to see if its truly the issue

drewXrunner

Reaction score
What your truck was doing, is exactly what mine was doing. They determined the problem was the plug, they replaced it, I haven't had a single problem since. I would request that they replace it.

did they solder the new plug into the harness?

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
did they solder the new plug into the harness?

From what I can see, no, they replaced the wires as well. It is wrapped up in a plastic cover, with electrical tape around it, and it is zipped tied to the intake. To much hassle to take it all apart to see.

drewXrunner

Reaction score
So if I go searching for the plug. Does anyone know where I can get it? I might have to steal it from a junkyard or something. :dontknow:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
So if I go searching for the plug. Does anyone know where I can get it? I might have to steal it from a junkyard or something. :dontknow:

Pretty sure the plug comes with the wires. Any of our guys who work for Toyota should be able to get the part number for you.

Spyder327

Reaction score
Do you guys only get the code when going WOT or does it also come back when you're driving normally?

quicky06

Reaction score
Do you guys only get the code when going WOT or does it also come back when you're driving normally?

the code they are getting is a maf voltage high. which means there is a short so it will show no matter what

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Mine wasn't a voltage error, but it stayed on all the time. It is still all related though.

Spyder327

Reaction score
the code they are getting is a maf voltage high. which means there is a short so it will show no matter what

Not necessarily on all the time. My MAF used to throw this code only when reading redline in 3rd gear. It was with my URD blower installed.

5000XD

Reaction score
What causes the truck to stutter then? too much fuel being dumped in there?

drewXrunner

Reaction score
yah it goes into limp mode But . mine is out of limp mode now. and it still stutters in 1st and second gear. its terrible. im taking it back to toyota. heck! it ran better in limp mode.

Top Bottom