Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

You will never guess what...

Gadget

Reaction score
these are being installed on....

2012-07-17_12-34-17_916.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^Saw a BRZ today

Oh ya my guess is one of those little tubular cars with the Eco-tech engine in the back. Can't remember the name

Last edited:

kcidmil

Reaction score
^^^Saw a BRZ today

Oh ya my guess is one of those little tubular cars with the Eco-tech engine in the back. Can't remember the name

Ariel Atom... they also had a limited run in the states with a S/C Honda motor.

And awww, look at the little guys

sohc4now

Reaction score
Why in the hell would you need a pump to push EGR gas into the engine? The Detroit Diesel engines i work on do it just fine without a pump. But the new DD15 series uses an axial turbine post turbo to deliver more torque to the geartrain.

Gadget

Reaction score
Why in the hell would you need a pump to push EGR gas into the engine? The Detroit Diesel engines i work on do it just fine without a pump. But the new DD15 series uses an axial turbine post turbo to deliver more torque to the geartrain.

There is a lot of activity using Rotrex units to pump exhaust on large Diesel engines. I am working with several companies that are doing the same thing.

What you described sounds like the super turbo system. Kind of neat. They are going to be installed on Marine assault crafts to keep the big Diesel smoke plume down so they can be more sneaky assaulting the beach. With just a big turbo you get a lot of smoke until the turbo spools. The super turbo helps solve that problem and also recovers energy to go back into the drive line.

http://www.vandynesuperturbo.com/

sohc4now

Reaction score
Now what is your goal for these pumps? Increase torque, fuel economy, catalytic reduction, or decrease engine life? I believe International tried an extreme flowing egr system to try to meet emission standards without adding an aftertreatment system(DOC & DPF)

azburnin

Reaction score
I'm riveted, too bad it's not for the FR-S..... Lol

o5oldblue

Reaction score
I am just a little late on the answer. I just ordered 6 of these for my parts dept at work.

scoutdeed69

Reaction score
Man thats a bigg pully....or my eyes failing here...or did the s/c shrunk? lmao

Rob....scouts out

Top Bottom