Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ZR1 Jet Stream Blue vs SWB

05TacoXRunner

Reaction score
Thinking about maybe a two tone paint job for my truck-- Black on top and blue underneath with gloss black powder coated stock wheels. I'm not a photoshop expert, but I made a rough drawing of what it might look like.

I'm thinking of using Chevrolet's Jet Stream Blue that they use on the ZR1 Vette instead of SWB. It's really close from the pictures I see online, but the SWB can look much different in photos than in real person. I could match the door jams, but I'm not sure if you would be able to tell that the engine bay was a slightly different shade.

Wish I could see a side by side spray out of the Jet Stream blue and SWB.

What you guys think?

twotone.jpg

zr1blue.jpg

zr1blue1.jpg

boost10

Reaction score
ll honestly dnt do the hood or bed just do.the cab and dnt go lower than the window:top:

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
hard too say without a pic of the two next to each other

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
I like tha rough draft? Do u have a body shop in mine? Or have you just started looking?

05TacoXRunner

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing it myself. I've never painted a car before, but I have a lot of experience with painting other large things with automotive paint. Only thing is I don't have a paint booth. I know Tucson had a place where you could rent a booth but I don't live there anymore.

I would probably use PPG, but I've seen good results with HOK and DuPont.

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
Cool. I know my 06 needs some work, but i'm saving for boost now.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
The ZR1 definitely has a nicer blue. If your planning on painting the bed as well, you gota get a black fiberglass tonneau to match.

05TacoXRunner

Reaction score
I like the look and idea of the tonneau, but I use the bed too frequently where it would really limit what I could haul

The ZR1 definitely has a nicer blue. If your planning on painting the bed as well, you gota get a black fiberglass tonneau to match.

redarkx

Reaction score
I'd go either blue, but lean more towards vette blue. However, I'd bring the line down.

xrunish

Reaction score
i say do one solid color, and instead of powdercoating your stockers just save up for some good ones, so you can get that stance or agressive look you want, but thats just my two cents

05TacoXRunner

Reaction score
Yeah, only thing is I would want to stick with the stock tire size. When I bought my truck in 05, they had a "free tires for life" program going on. I've gotten 3 free sets of tires so far now, haha... Not too bad when the set is like $1400! Only thing is I have to keep the service current, but I would have done this anyway....

Any good looking wheels that fit the stock tires???

I'm still on the fence about the two tone...

i say do one solid color, and instead of powdercoating your stockers just save up for some good ones, so you can get that stance or agressive look you want, but thats just my two cents

xrgilly

Reaction score
ive thought about the same thing but a dark gray colour

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
xrgilly said:
ive thought about the same thing but a dark gray colour

You can do the same thing Gr8dane did with his x. His x was BSP but he repaired it phantom grey and left BSP stripes.

Top Bottom