Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

09+ XRs lsd mods?

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
That is rough cost of the diff.

Do you wanna replace gears too? Plus fluid, why not do bearings while you are at it, plus labor.....

Im 90% sure this is the tru trac for our trucks

This is a helical gear Limited slip Diff, different then lockers, and clutch types. Gadget Approved mod on the URD truck:top:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DTL-913A541/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Meh... I'm not going to concern myself with this until I notice it being a problem.

808XR10

Reaction score
right on ryan...im still debating on this matter

808XR10

Reaction score
ok guys so ive emailed carl from justdifferentials.com and he told me that auburn lsd is best and im gonna get one from them. ive never taken the rear end apart before and i wanna know what needs to be taken out first aside from opening the pumpkin. help me out guys

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
You have to drain rear, take the wheeles, brakes, axles off. Then drive shaft, then the third member comes out.

what was his reasoning for saying auburn was best?

darthyota

Reaction score
you dont have to fully remove the brakes or the wheels when i put the spool in my 90 pick up i just unbolted the backing plate fron the housing undid the brake lines and the ebrake cables and pulled them out about 3-4" and unbolted the driveshaft to pull the third. for the next steps its best to get your hands on a copy of the fsm and follow the steps to rnr the differentail but only as far as replacing the the ring gear. then throw it back in the truck and button everything up

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Technically you maybe right but IMO it would be some much easier to just get the wheels outta the way.

*Im not sure if you will have to re shim anything. At least pay attention to where the stock shims are and put them back in the same spot.

darthyota

Reaction score
ya thats pretty much what i did with my 90 when i put my spool in although your gunna have to get a shop to press on the new bearings

808XR10

Reaction score
You have to drain rear, take the wheeles, brakes, axles off. Then drive shaft, then the third member comes out.

what was his reasoning for saying auburn was best?

well he didnt tell me his reasons but he told me that he has one on his boosted tundra...different truck but they do have loads of powa....

you dont have to fully remove the brakes or the wheels when i put the spool in my 90 pick up i just unbolted the backing plate fron the housing undid the brake lines and the ebrake cables and pulled them out about 3-4" and unbolted the driveshaft to pull the third. for the next steps its best to get your hands on a copy of the fsm and follow the steps to rnr the differentail but only as far as replacing the the ring gear. then throw it back in the truck and button everything up

i see so there are shims somewhere in the rear end. i shouldve paid more attention in my auto tech class but ill do some research and see if i can pull out a repair manual with pix in it....thanks for the help guys ill update this post once i get everything in the truck

Last edited:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW I have heard a bunch of s10 guys say bad stuff about auburn.

They are cheap (price and quality), not rebuild-able (eaton posi's you can replace the clutches), and they wear out fast.

Just do your own research and find what will work best for what you are trying to do with it.

darthyota

Reaction score
Shoot the guys at vex performance an email that's who I got my os gikein LSD from not cheap but adjustableand fully rebuildable and will fully lock up if one wheel doesn't have traction unlike eaton or Detroit products or auburn for that matter
http://www.vexperformance.com/

Yotaxrunner10

Reaction score
So what's up with this mod?? Anybody find out if it's possible? Or do we have to change out the rear axle?

Top Bottom