Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2010 recall/recalibration

AsianTaco

Reaction score
I was at work all day but when I got home there was a message on my machine from the dealership where I bought my truck from saying... I need to bring my truck in for some sort of recall. Well since I wasn't home my mom decided to call the dealer to see what was going on. They said I need to bring it in so they can do some sort of calibration. It's going to take about 2 to 3 hours. Does anyone know WTF this is all about?

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
ECM software update. There adding a throttle kill to the software when the brake is pressed. Something Bosch has had for over a decade on german cars with electronic throttle comtrol.

Murderface

Reaction score
Ya I got a recall notice in the mail yesterday for this and the gas pedal cut down. Too bad the only way my truck will see a Toyota service center is if I trade it in or if I sell the truck and the new owner takes it in for service.

They ain't touching my truck ever again:thumpdown:

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
I'm deff staying away from the pedal recal (kacking my pedal), but the reflash sound like a good thing ..... I believe ?

GaX-Runner

Reaction score
I haven't got anything...should i call up my dealer to see?

AsianTaco

Reaction score
Well I took my truck in today for the updated software and the pedal cut. I wasn't happy about it to began with due to the fact that this is my second X-Runner and they NOW ask me to bring in the truck to do this peddle cut. Thanks Toyota :thumpdown:. My friend works in the bay and I requested for him and he showed me how it was done. And he gave me the extra piece that he had to cut off. I have the OBX peddle covers but I haven't had the chance to put it back on. In anycase I'm sure it'll still work.

Top Bottom