Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2012 XR XII Drop/Caltrac Question

Miami_X

Reaction score
OK, so I admit it, I've been babying my 2012 since I bought her in January. Last night, though, I did what I would call my first 'hard launch' to burn some rubber for my neighbor's kids and discovered what you experienced Xrunners have known about for years - the dreaded wheel hop.

This, of course, will not stand!! After reading several posts on the subject, I've decided to purchase a set of Caltracs - but, I would appreciate some input on a few questions concerning Caltracs and XII Performance suspension parts.

1. If I opt for the 2" Al drop block instead of the composite leaf spring, would there be any issue using traction bars with drop blocks?

2. If I go with the composite leaf springs, are there any issues with bolting the Caltracs to the new leaf spring/shock plate?

3. Which setup would you recommend for a mainly street driven truck who likes an occasional fast exit ramp/entrance ramp joyride.

Thank you all in advance for taking time to read and respond.

Jeremias

Reaction score
If you get Cal-Trac's do NOT get composite leafs. The way it's designed, the front mount of the traction bar will crack that leaf. It happened to both sides of mine. You will be okay with blocks or if possible get the steel drop springs if XII has any left. Hope this helps.

Miami_X

Reaction score
Thanks, Jeremias, that makes sense. Do you have any experience or opinion on whether you can use caltracs on a 2" block-lowered reaf spring> Know of anyone with that combination?

I had 2" Aluminum lowering blocks on my '66 Mustang and never had a problem with its 400+ HP, so I'm thinking it should be fine.

Miami_X

Top Bottom