Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEWS 2016 Tacoma Teaser

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, we've finally gotten our first look at the 2016 Tacoma...
although there really isn't much to see. Just from this glimpse of styling, do you think there will be a next generation X-Runner or something comparable?

Personally, I have my doubts. I guess it's possible that this teaser could be showing the TRD/Off-Road package which is probably a good call since that will speak to the larger market. However with the underwhelming sales of the Gen1 X-Runner and the very niche market that it is targeted toward I feel the likelihood of a Gen2 X-Runner is remote - and that makes me very sad.

2016-Toyota-Tacoma-teaser.jpg

markgt531

Reaction score
itll be interesting to see what they come up with for the next x-runner (if ever) or something similar . DId they also discontinued the TX baja? ...if they fully stop the x production im still glad i have mines and would not want to get rid of it lol

hrspwr236

Reaction score
itll be interesting to see what they come up with for the next x-runner (if ever) or something similar . DId they also discontinued the TX baja? ...if they fully stop the x production im still glad i have mines and would not want to get rid of it lol

The t/X and Baka were replaced by the TRD PRO, same components carried over with a few styling changes, although an Xrunner is unlikely to be redesigned, I think an update to the tacoma is in order, I will be looking for a 4x4 in the future!

Gadget

Reaction score
The updated Tacoma is going to take a lot of the styling clues from the 14+ Tundra in both interior and exterior.

I hope they make the 4.6L V8 and option. There is a rumor of the small Cummings Diesel being offered as well.

G

Coupe

Reaction score
The updated Tacoma is going to take a lot of the styling clues from the 14+ Tundra in both interior and exterior.

I hope they make the 4.6L V8 and option. There is a rumor of the small Cummings Diesel being offered as well.

G

If they make a 4.6L V8 version, I might pony up the money for that.

easts1d3

Reaction score
I will be attending the Detroit International Auto Show this year and plan on taking a lot of good quality pictures of the redesigned Tacoma. I'm really hoping they keep the X-Runner model, I'll be keeping an eye out for it there too.

Reaction score

G

It would be cool but I doubt it due to purchase price and MPG standards. Just up a LS2 in yours. :blurock:

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I think a more modern version of a V8 with direct injection would be more fuel efficent since the truck is almost the size of the tundra. I would like a V8 option, although cummings turbo diesel sounds good too. Only problem is recently alot of the cummings engine have had to get several ECU reflashes and replacement.

jhn2011xr

Reaction score
definitely not much to go on I hope they continue production of the xr it would be nice to see more of them around

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
Whatever they do, I just hope they keep its size manageable. The new Tundra is ginormous...it is utterly impractical in major metropolitan area (made worst by drivers that cannot manage a vehicle of that size). I think the 2005-2015 Tacoma is as big of a truck as I would be comfortable driving. Then again, I am old and think AW11 MR2 is a perfect size car.

Anyway, DI V8 would be cool, but it would probably come with a slush-matic gearbox. I still want a good diesel option.

Darkside-X

Reaction score

G

The Cummins diesel is true. They are trying to make it work, along with Nissan also. I hear about it every now and then since I work at the plant. I haven't heard much lately but they are trying for it.

TacoInvader

Reaction score
Here is a teaser of the front end. Still hoping for a XR version at some point in the future........

Attachments

• se8uzwrtmqfvzyltk0ch.jpg
    se8uzwrtmqfvzyltk0ch.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 249

xrgilly

Reaction score
is the cummins diesel not the 5.0l one?
thats the only one if heard of….its to big for the tacoma

Top Bottom