Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2016 X-Runner

hrspwr236

Reaction score
So I was inspired by Steve's photoshopping and got to thinking... what would I want the 2016 X-Runner to possibly look like? I took some inspiration from cars that I think have a popular market and style that could be integrated into a true street truck and this is what I came up with:

2016_XRunner_by_K2_xr-undergroundcom_1.jpg

:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

:worshiptoyota:

:fok:

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
So I was inspired by Steve's photoshopping and got to thinking... what would I want the 2016 X-Runner to possibly look like? I took some inspiration from cars that I think have a popular market and style that could be integrated into a true street truck and this is what I came up with:

2016_XRunner_by_K2_xr-undergroundcom_1.jpg

Hold on a second...but is that a Subaru/WRX hoodscoop on there (may be even the fog ights, fog covers and lip :laugh:) ...not sure how to feel about that :hmmmm2:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Badass guys! I do have to say I'm partial to Klint's. I'd trade mine in tomorrow :top:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Not that it's a contest, but I like Klint's as well, but for different reasons.

I like Klint's because it is what a custom X-Runner could look like.
If it came that way from the factory, we would probably take it apart and change it up to personalize it.

The one I did was to make what the factory could do so that we would have a blank canvas to work on.

Keep the ideas coming and if anyone else wants to add to the 2016 chops... let's see them! :top:

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Steve can you do an "un-donked" version? LOL. Rims look pretty big and ride height is seems high as well.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not that it's a contest

Yeah - definitely agree with this. I certainly hope that's not how it was viewed - as a contest. I just felt inspired after seeing Steve's to come up with a "if I could design it, what would it look like" version. Although I do appreciate all the comments and feedback. I'm a designer and developer by trade and too often we don't get affirmation in our creative work so thank you for that.

I like Klint's because it is what a custom X-Runner could look like.

Agree 100% with this too. My version would NEVER come from the factory like that. Although Subaru gets away with it I'm not sure that Toyota could. If nothing else, they would never release a truck that low. My version included the DJM (or similar) static drop for a more aggressive look. Basically the entire front clip on my version would have to be redone and I don't think Toyota would invest the money in the tooling for such a niche vehicle.

As Steve said - anyone else got ideas, post them up! This is fun to see what people would like to see.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I never meant for my comment to turn it into a contest. I'm just a huge fan of what you did Klint. That being said, if we were to get something similar to what Steve was able to pull together, I'll own another X-Runner for sure.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
As much as I love the x-runner, part of me hopes they don't come out with another generation, I am already on my second and can't afford to do this again............without a divorce at least and continue working my a$$ off!

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As much as I love the x-runner, part of me hopes they don't come out with another generation, I am already on my second and can't afford to do this again............without a divorce at least and continue working my a$$ off!

I have some inside intel that has told me, to date, none of the order paperwork has included an X-Runner model. I think your marriage is safe. :D

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I have some inside intel that has told me, to date, none of the order paperwork has included an X-Runner model. I think your marriage is safe. :D

Good to hear, I may be able to sleep beer tonight :rolleyez: .........although a new TRD Pro would look good next to the X ...........oh man a little self control would be great

III

Reaction score
faaaack both are sick .... i wouldn't mind seeing em rollin around ...

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I know, but it looks so much better that way...

I completely agree with you, it's not a 4x4, it's a sport truck for the street only. Style and performance comes way before function!

Top Bottom