Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

20x10.5 +30 front and rear

bluXkid

Reaction score
How bad will they rub? I'm at 2" up front and 3" rear drop wise. Plan on doing some light stretching with a 255/35/20 f/r as well. I like the xxr 521s black with machined lip. Info would be helpful, thanks in advance.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I was looking into getting the 521s from xxr as well but decided I'll go with the tsw Valencia wheels instead just because they have a better reputation. That's gonna be a stretch for sure but to each their own. As for rubbing I have no clue lol.

bluXkid

Reaction score
Gotcha. Those TSWs are nice!

I'm obviously going with the xxrs for the price but I also really like the step lip.

Thanks for the input man

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Ya I like the way those xxr 521s look. They were what I wanted for a while then figure for like $200 more I could have the tsw valencias I changed my mind lol. Def will have to post some pictures once you get them because I want to see what they will look like on the xr. And ya don't stretch tires ;)

bluXkid

Reaction score
So no one knows if a 10.5 +30 up front will clear?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't tell you without measuring it myself, sorry bud. Looks like it's time to grab a tape measure :top:. I have 8.5" rims and I'm running 255/35/20s. Without all that stretch you're proposing those tires are the exact same diameter as OEM. So you should be able to judge fitment solely on width at that tire size.

https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator
Stock rims are 8" wide and +30 offset.

Seeing as your offset is that same basically you're widening you wheels equally by the difference in wheel widths. So you're going to a 10.5 from an 8. You're adding 2.5" of width. You'll be 1.25" wider both inside and out. Go put a tape on your wheels at full lock and see if you have more than 1.25" to the nearest obstruction. That's the best advice I can give you.

Last edited:

Dimebag

Reaction score
That's the best advice u can get right there....I like it

bluXkid

Reaction score
The council has spoken. No stretched tires....lol:laugh:

Lol I noticed. I'll go 265 35 20.

And I already did some measuring, it looks like it'll be super close to the sway bar up front, but still clear. Without having the wheels it's kinda hard. I know I've seen guys here with 10.5s up front, I thought I'd ask to know for sure. I think if the offset was like 20-22 I'd feel a little better but don't have that choice. I'm he'll bent on these wheels in 10.5. Guess I'll know in less than a month.

MiamiChillin

Reaction score
haha at the end of the day its your build man. Just messin. Good luck!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's my work kiwami's not the best pics but 18x10.5et23 all round with 285/40/18
IMG_2441_zpsfec87a0e.jpg

IMG_2442_zps5119e6bb.jpg

IMG_2486_zpsf1179bfb.jpg

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
short of the long I had meaty tires, with those whimpy stretched tires it will "work" but in the opinion of many look like poop....

so yes it will work and be fine BUT I would either A) pick a different tire size or B) loose the baller status and go with aggressive 18's... :canada:

MiamiChillin

Reaction score
short of the long I had meaty tires, with those whimpy stretched tires it will "work" but in the opinion of many look like poop....

so yes it will work and be fine BUT I would either A) pick a different tire size or B) loose the baller status and go with aggressive 18's... :canada:
Your truck looks sick. Does it kick up a lot of crap on the rear since the tires are wider?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Your truck looks sick. Does it kick up a lot of crap on the rear since the tires are wider?

Thanks bud! To be honest it wasn't as bad as you would think... it wasn't enough to bother me, the brake dust from the BBK was more of a PITA

justin13703

Reaction score

I always loved your wheel/tire setup. Nice ass wheels, fit perfectly and perfect amount of rubber on them. None of that "stretch" crap and not inner tubes either. That's a looks and performance setup right there.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I always loved your wheel/tire setup. Nice ass wheels, fit perfectly and perfect amount of rubber on them. None of that "stretch" crap and not inner tubes either. That's a looks and performance setup right there.

Thanks man! That setup is on it's was to a new owner once he pays his balance... gonna make me sad seeing them on another RR... :smile:

MiamiChillin

Reaction score
Thanks bud! To be honest it wasn't as bad as you would think... it wasn't enough to bother me, the brake dust from the BBK was more of a PITA

lol no way. Could it just be the type of brake pad or did they dust no matter what?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
lol no way. Could it just be the type of brake pad or did they dust no matter what?

Performance brake pads will dust no matter what, comes with the territory. Along the same lines as being lowered and a stiffer ride, every mod has a trade off

Top Bottom