2nd Muffler for URD 3" Cat-Back

Gadget

quieter than the current turbo muffler?

could I see more pics of that red trac bar? I need help being the first X in the 12's

If you can wait a day or two, the new URD website will be up and I have more pictures on the new site.

Gadget

5000XD

I will try to get a soundclip if I put mine in. On the other hand I wonder if it's really worth cutting up my perfect URD exhaust lol.

Torspd

Staff member
Ntinhri, I believe, started a thread with his dual mufflers. Search his started threads. Very quiet.

5000XD

Gagdet, thanks for this tip on adding the second muffler. I'm really in love with the sound of my truck now :biggrin:

Original URD pipe, with mandrel bent:

pipe.jpg

URD pipe with Magnaflow attached (they couldn't bent the straight pipe I bought):

pipe2.jpg

5000XD

No rasp, then again I have no DT headers, yet, so I can not really say. When I have them I'll report back. But G is running almost the same setup and he has no rasp I believe.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
^steve your truck sounds killer bro...:rockon: not overly loud...nice aggressive growl to it...:top:

I hope i'm able to get my truck sounding sweet like that 1 day...

5000XD

Photosuckit again? Dude, youtube youtube :eviltongue:

"A slight mod to the intake system"? Care to explain lol. Sounds good tho.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
"A slight mod to the intake system"? Care to explain

its like coupe (james) made...they converted the TRD CAI to have a ram setup...which would be pulling air from behind the grill...that way they are sucking in ambient air temps quicker...:top:

ntinhri

Photosuckit again? Dude, youtube youtube :eviltongue:

"A slight mod to the intake system"? Care to explain lol. Sounds good tho.

I have a scoop out front that allows the cooler air to come into the trd box. Also I have this cool thing on the top of the motor that sucks and forces air into the intake.... Supercharger... lol:biggrin:

^steve your truck sounds killer bro...:rockon: not overly loud...nice aggressive growl to it...:top:

I hope i'm able to get my truck sounding sweet like that 1 day...

thank you! I would say for some its almost too loud. But I like it... Loud enough to rev at a Harley to piss them off, and quite enough to not wake up the neighborhood when I come home at 1am after work.. :top:

Last edited:

PiNkY

I've seen alot of people runnin the 2nd muffler now. When I went to a shop they recommended that I just add a high perfomance flow resonator - anyone done this & does it kill the rasp?

5000XD

What I heard is resonators don't last as long as mufflers. I might be wrong. Dunno anyone who is running a resonators.