Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2nd Muffler for URD 3" Cat-Back

Super Werty

Reaction score
Steve can you measure your mufflers again. Your sounds just like mine but louder. I have a feeling you have 2 14". Not one 14 and one 18"

I like the sound of yours :rock:

T-Man

Reaction score
^bump

I've been looking into this since I got my URD Y-pipe. (Currently running the Y, DTLT, URD 3" Turbo Exhaust) and want to quiet down the rasp. Gonna be installing my MKII soon, so what are the effects of getting a 2nd muffler with boost?

And, let me get this straight, this 2nd muffler is a Magnaflow?..so im gonna have both the magnaflow and the turbo muffler?

Mano

Reaction score
Yup that is right and i have an extra 5x8x14 stainless magnaflow that im looking to get rid of that would fit your truck perfectly .. :top:

T-Man

Reaction score
Sweet deals..how is the condition? Really interested..

Mano

Reaction score
Its in almost new condition my truck only has 1500 miles on it and i had the muffler on for only 200 miles ... the only reason that i took it off was i wanted a little bit of tone but i had installed 3 magnaflows inline but it was too quite so i just removed 1 .. paid $120 from summit .. looking to get $60 .. lmk .. Alohaz :top:

happyhome

Reaction score
wonder if they will ever sell the catbacks again?

i was hoping to improve the breathing of this little 4.0 and hope urd will sell these again!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure they will. It is a really nice exhaust. All 304 SS. Another good resonator to install is the Vibrant Performance 3" straight through resonator.

The member Toon714 recently installed it after his muffler. He has before and after vids, so you can hear the difference. I think it would be a great addition to the URD 3" catback.

Gadget

Reaction score
Yes, very soon.

The production run has been completed. Waiting on a shipment of mufflers and we will officially release the Mk2 Cat-Back system.

We have had a few out in testing for a while and it all looks good!

G

azburnin

Reaction score
Anyone consider glass pack or anything like that? Would that do the job of quieting down the rasp?

Naenia

Reaction score
Yes, very soon.

The production run has been completed. Waiting on a shipment of mufflers and we will officially release the Mk2 Cat-Back system.

G

so stoked on this... I can't wait to get this on my x:biggrin:

happyhome

Reaction score
CATBACK

I can hardly wait for the new CATBACK!! As soon as it comes out, I plan DT short headers and the CAT for my '05 X-Runner. I may also add SittinSic lowering kit and other handling goodies....:top:

darthyota

Reaction score
Yes, very soon.

G
do you have pics ?

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Yes, very soon.

G

Will it be the same price as before?

Gary Huard

Reaction score
NEW URD 3" Has Arrived

After a long wait, NEW URD system has finally ARRIVED. :rock: I have have had it on for a couple of weeks now. System is not bad not too loud but but not too quiet. Plus I got the wife's thumbs up!

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^how did u get the new catback already? Were u one of the lucky testers Gadget mentioned having them on their truck to test out first? If so got any sound/video clips or pics of the new muffler and or stats for it? Like manufacturer?

Gary Huard

Reaction score
ChistDenied,

This quite surprises me. Like I said in my original message I have been waiting for quite a while for the system to arrive. I ordered the system back in February and with persistence and patience URD finally sent my system to me. My last conversation with URD was that there was quite a large shipment that came with mine. A couple of weeks have passed now and I'm quite surprised that other people have not mentioned their new systems arriving. URD mentioned that the reason for the delay was their supplier not following through on their, lead times and ship dates.

As for pictures and videos I do not have any right now. What I can tell you is that when I first started up the truck I was a little disappointed. - Hmmm - Now before anybody gets their toes curled up, let me clarify. After installation I started the truck without stepping on the throttle. The truck was cold after sitting all day so I spent about 5 min. picking up all of my tools and putting them away. This gave me some time to listen to the truck and make sure I didn't have any leaks. For me the beauty of this system is that while idling the truck sounds stock but with a little bit deeper rumble. Once you step on the gas your neighbors start glaring at you through their windows. :) :) In addition to running the new URD 3 inch exhaust I am also running long tube Doug Thorley headers. Everything combined overall power low-end is very good. Top end, i have not seen any decrease in power that I can tell with my certified But Dyno.

I cannot say for sure if I will post any pictures or videos but if I do XRU will be the first place.

Maybe URD can chime in to this issue and shed a little light on the subject?

Naenia

Reaction score
i'm confused... can we order the new system now or not?

Gary Huard

Reaction score
I was told i was shiped the new sistem and i am still confused on why i have the onley one?

Top Bottom