Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

700+ hp x-runner?!?!

Gadget

Reaction score
He did have some trouble with the engine blowing, but it is all built now.

He was having clutch problems so he installed the URD TwinDisc and that is the last I have heard from him.

G

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
That's a mean engine with 700 + hp

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Highest HP 1GR. No personal owner has surpassed that will a 1GR block that I am aware of.

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
He did have some trouble with the engine blowing

This had me :laugh::laugh::laugh: for some reason. Reliability issues twin turboing and quad rippling output of an NA engine?! Nooooo...

Jokes aside, that look properly sorted out. I would love to see more details.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Ya there are some you tube videos of him running it down the drag strip. It was nasty fast. Looked like high 10s but big time traction issues.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Pretty sure if he didn't hae the t56 he would go through one of our trannys every time he drove the truck down the street.

Gadget

Reaction score
I have never heard of the stock trans blowing up.

The problem has been the syncros that do not allow for fast shifting in this sport truck. If you drive it like a farm tractor it is fine.

There have been some bent and broken shift forks, but the big issue is the damn syncros.

Has anyone heard of one of these transmission blowing up from to much torque being put through it??

G

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
Pretty sure if he didn't hae the t56 he would go through one of our trannys every time he drove the truck down the street.

So which part of our tranny is glass exactly? I am sure this must have been discussed already, but it is Friday and I am too lazy to search LOL

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
549wtq through my OEM transmission....synchro were defiant, but gears held.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So which part of our tranny is glass exactly? I am sure this must have been discussed already, but it is Friday and I am too lazy to search LOL

Gadget just mentioned it. :top:

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Ya syncros are def the soft spot. I have heard of a few ppl that have lost a gear or two completely but not sure exactly what all that entails. My tranny likes to kick out of gear for 2nd only when I downshift. Otherwise it's just the syncros are shit makes it very difficult to get a quick strong gear change in higher rpms.

Top Bottom