Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AFE Header/Y pipe Issues?

Cereal_Killer

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I tried to look this up but really didn't see anything so i decided to post. I order and installed a set of AFE Headers on my X. I noticed after install that the y pipe sits considerably lower than the stock unit. While at stock height this wasn't really an issue, but after installing a URD lowering kit (2in") i can hear them scrapping over certain type of speed bumps. I know lowering has it's in and outs but I was curious if anyone else noticed or has had this issue? When ordering from URD there was only 1 option for the truck and it was then drop shipped direct from AFE. So just trying ot get a consensus if this is normal or did i get shipped the wrong parts. Thanks in advance for the responses.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could help you but I've never seen the AFE headers. What I can tell you is neither the URD Spec-U nor the Doug Thorleys long tubes have this issue.

Cereal_Killer

Reaction score
Ok. I reached out to AFE directly so i'll wait to hear from them. There is only 1 option on the URD site for headers and Y pipe combo. So i'm hoping that i didn't get shipped the wrong parts and i have been driving on this for over a year and I'm stuck like this.

Cereal_Killer

Reaction score
So.. I just received a response back from AFE and wanted to get it here in case anyone else is looking into these in the future.
"Hello, I apologize for the issue. Most of our customers run this set up on non lowered vehicles or pre runner trucks. When the vehicle has been lowered there is always a possibility that the exhaust gets closer to the ground. Thank you"

Clearly I know that when a vehicle is lowered it get closer to the ground. What i did not know, and i feel should be listed is that *Most of our customers run this set up on non lowered vehicles or pre runner trucks.* Had I know that i could have clarified if they hang lower or maybe a disclaimer of some sort that they hang lower than stock. I'll get a pic and post it in case anyone is curious. Regardless its not a bad setup aside from what is already stated.

Top Bottom