Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alpine Reverse Camera

Reaction score
I have an alpine DVD / NAV system and would like to figure out how to hookup a reverse camera. I don't have the exact model number but I'm pretty sure its the INA-W900, I can look later and post it.

The thing I'm not sure about is how to wire it up so that when I put it in reverse it switches over. I assume it would tie into the reverse light but I'm not sure how. I looked at the connections in the manual and I'm not sure where it could connect to the head unit either. Monitor control lead possibly?

tacobox

Reaction score
I have an alpine DVD / NAV system and would like to figure out how to hookup a reverse camera. I don't have the exact model number but I'm pretty sure its the INA-W900, I can look later and post it.

The thing I'm not sure about is how to wire it up so that when I put it in reverse it switches over. I assume it would tie into the reverse light but I'm not sure how. I looked at the connections in the manual and I'm not sure where it could connect to the head unit either. Monitor control lead possibly?

There should be the a video in jack on the back of the unit. What model do you have?

jeffrey.f.tsai

Reaction score

When I hooked up my reverse camera, I connected the hot wire for the camera to the hot wire of the reverse backup light. To find this wire, you would need to loosen the tail lamp screws and pull out the tail lamp so the wires to the rear lights are exposed. Then find the hot wire that powers the white reverse lights using a test light circuit tester. You're looking for the wire that supplies power to the white back up lights when you put the car in reverse. Thus when you put the care in reverse, this acts as a switch to power up the back up camera... There should be an rca input also in the back of the dvd/nav unit for the video..

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Also there should be a wire in the hu harness for a reverse signal input that you would connect behind the drivers side kick panel( I will find the link for this) this will automatically put your hu to the cam when you shift into reverse.

Here is the link
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=15511

Top Bottom