Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Aluminum Cover For 2012+ Volant CAI

Coupe

Reaction score
I am working on a new Aluminum Cover for the 2012+ Volant CAI. It is a little way off, but I thought I would give you a sneak peak.

04808-VMQ

This would be powdercoated black and look similiar to this:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
This Has want all over it! I would love to have one, my money tree is looking pretty bad, what kind of time frame on this?

Coupe

Reaction score
It will be a couple of months.

Coupe

Reaction score
You will have time to water the money tree.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
First off I would like to give a HUGE thanks to Coupe for making such a great CAI cover. First impressions, this a quality, thick piece of aluminum compared the flimsily plastic cover the Volant comes with and was really surprised. I have always wanted the first gen TRD CAI but since having a 2012, that is not easily done without modification and didn't want to go there. So I settled for the Volant. The manufacturing tolerance are far from great but with the RAM air scoop it does work great with 2 degrees above ambient. The problem I had was the looks and Coupe solved this issue and hit out of the park. As you can tell from the picture it looks a million times better and now my engine bay has some class and style compared to the cheesy rice look I had before. I re-used the original hardware with the rubber grommets and it seals up nice an tight with the rubber gaskets attached to the cover. To make an incredibly long store short, I absolutely love the cover and now I cant stop staring under the hood. THIS IS A MUST HAVE. Next will definitely be a batter holder in the same style and TRD Supercharger will look great next to this as well when I start plying the lottery. And if you actually read this long drawn out paragraph, you can now enjoy the before and after pictures.

Comparrison of stock cover VS Coupe TRD Aluminum cover (Absolutely awefull VS New Hotness)

Thanks Coupe :adore:

Coupe

Reaction score
I am glad you are happy with it.

I made a few of these, if anyone else would like one, the price is $150 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Thanks for the write up Jason.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I am glad you are happy with it.

I made a few of these, if anyone else would like one, the price is $150 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Thanks for the write up Jason.

Thank you for getting this produced :adore:

Top Bottom