Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any sway bar install tips?

Miami_X

Reaction score
Waking up early to bolt on my XII Performance F/R sways. Looks pretty straight forward. Is there anything I need to know before getting my hands dirty in the morning?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Hehehe.... This is gonna be fun... You might have some preload on it depending on how u do it. To much to explain... If u need some help Hmu.

autobodyX

Reaction score
You may need to jack both sides up at the same time. Take the top of the end links loose first and them find the sweet spot to remove it by raising or lowering that side. If it is close to the right height you can pry the bar one way or the other.
Use Lithium grease on the bushings.

Miami_X

Reaction score
Sway bars are in! Thanks for the advice. They unbolted with no problem. there was no pew-load on either bar. Only problem I came across was a tab on the differential mounting location for the rear bar that served as some sort of register to keep the stock mount in place. I 'persuaded it' out of the way and the XII bushing retainer bolted right up!

After double checking my work, I took the X for a little spirited workout. The truck turns in much quicker now; very little body roll when making a hard corner. A couple of 'enthusiastic' laps around a traffic circle by my house showed the same noticeable decrease in body roll. So far, very impressed.

Top Bottom