Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any thought on the JL stealth box

justin13703

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but no it's not worth it lol. There are a few guys on here that still make custom sub boxes I believe for about half the cost of the jl box. Or if you know what you're doing you could build one.

braydencastles

Reaction score
Definitely not worth it. There's tons of videos on youtube about how to build your own box to your needs for super cheap. I would go this route if you had any sort of skill with building things yourself.

Rozayzx10

Reaction score
I really want to intall a system in my X just need to know which is worth the money

dramad1

Reaction score
I really want to intall a system in my X just need to know which is worth the money

Piece one together and get what you want. Check out the audio threads for ideas and advice.

motoxx199

Reaction score
They sound really good but I just can't see spending $600 on one.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Everyone has their PERSONAL preference!!! YOU need to decide what you need your truck for and what are YOUR needs? Some guys want just a Little more Bass, Some want Bass so loud, they will blow doors off! If you ask me, JL stealth box is good if you have or want to keep the back seats able to fold down or want/need the space! If you DONT care about the back seating being stationary then just get a custom box, or make one, WAYY cheaper and does the job(plus you dont have to cut your center console)

Kyleinator

Reaction score
I built my own and it sounds great. I removed the plastic divider between the rear seats and mounted my box there. Works as an arm rest for the back seats and front seats can still recline all the way back!

SIGHTWAVES

Reaction score
The plus on the jl stealth box is that a lot of r&d has gone in to the tuning of the box to the cab of the truck depends what u are looking for on whats the best option

hrspwr236

Reaction score
If one of these piped up for sale used, I would jump on it, but that's only if it was used because with that price tag :eviltongue:

Hi_Psi

Reaction score
Imma bave to look into the box, already learning new things lol

kabooms

Reaction score
I installed 10w3 in the stealthbox in my X. I chose this box because it still allows you to fold down the back seats and has plenty of sound to fill the cab. If you are looking for proportionate bass levels and great SQ the stealthbox is a great option. If you are looking for teeth rattling bass, a custom box would be needed. As for the price tag, it is on the high side, but you are paying for JL Audio R&D and a no hassle install that looks like OEM.

Top Bottom