Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Audio System Overhaul

BigWhiteFrunkis

Reaction score
When I first purchased my Xrunner back in 09 I just threw in any old touch screen radio I could get my hands on and and old JL10W3 pushed by an Old Rockford Amp. I have finally splurged a bit to redo my Radio, Wiring, and Amp and subwoofer install. I began this today by ripping out all the old and got the amp and wiring in place.

Here's what I'm putting in:
Pioneer App Radio 3
JL 500/1 Amplifier w/ remote boost
JL !0W7
Stinger Battery Terminals
Stinger Disconnect
0 Guage Stinger Wires
I ordered a sub enclosure from dpartinvr4, I am still awaiting delivery.

BigWhiteFrunkis

Reaction score
got the sub box. thats my last step of this install. get my JL 10W7 shoved in there. I have the App radio working ok with my iPhone5s its being a bit buggy I think from my upgrade from my 5. I think it needs repaired. Going to get my battery hold down bracket shortly and install my other two goodies. HID reverse lights and my rally armour mud flaps......

justin13703

Reaction score
Good looking list you got there, one thing I will say though, if you can exchange that appradio I would do it. Those things are very buggy and if you ever get another phone or apple changes the plug again you basically have a very expensive fm radio

In case you needed any more information for your sound system you can check out this thread. It is a very long read but there's tons of information in there:
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=49040

BigWhiteFrunkis

Reaction score
Yea, i actually ran the extra usb port out to my center console as well. But I do see your point. I am not happy with it so far. nor am I the crutch-field center console install kit. what a bizzle it was to get the Head unit to line up correctly. I have always been a Pioneer fan thru and thru. Maybe I dropped the ball on this one.

justin13703

Reaction score
Yea, i actually ran the extra usb port out to my center console as well. But I do see your point. I am not happy with it so far. nor am I the crutch-field center console install kit. what a bizzle it was to get the Head unit to line up correctly. I have always been a Pioneer fan thru and thru. Maybe I dropped the ball on this one.

Pioneer makes really nice radios but the appradio has always been a slow, laggy, bug filled box. I wish they would discontinue them but they do sell a lot because theyre relatively cheap

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
I have the app2 radio in mine, I use ARLiberator with my android, I think with the Iphone you have to get Hackradio, it basically lets you mirror your phone onto the radio and use the the touchscreen. it's awesome. the easiest way I've found to get the unit in there nicely is to leave teh heater controls pulled out and leave the mounting bolts loose and then put the dash kit in, moving the radio to fit as needed, then tighten the bolts down after its sitting nicely.

SIGHTWAVES

Reaction score
i would have went with a kenwood touch screen being in the biz 4 years i have learned all the pioneer radios have there problems and most people dont care about the small bugs that bother me about the product that pionner puts out that just angers me about there products because of price kenwood right now are on top of the game as radios go

SIGHTWAVES

Reaction score
i am running stock battery right now but plan to upgrade to optamia yellow top also look in to more high end speakers i am running morel speakers in the front and no speakers in the rear powered by a audison sr5 amp and had a hertz hs300d that beats the w7 in performance all day and running connection amp kit 4 gauge 0 gauge is over kill unless u upgrade all the power wires and buy a bigger alt 0 gauge will not make a difference in anything 4 gauge is plenty as long as u dont go cheap on the wire i sell the connection wire kit for 150 let me know if i can be more of help

Top Bottom