Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AVIC-6100nex parking brake/GPS

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
AVIC-6100nex parking brake/GPS antenna

I'm in the process of wiring this sucker up...

Is the parking brake switch normally closed or normally opened? I would think it is normally open, and closes when you engage the parking brake...correct? If that is right then would I be able to ground the "Green* Parking Brake wire" and have DVD function operate regardless of parking brake switch position?

Also, where are you guys mounting your GPS antennas? I don't want to route the wire outside of my truck, but I don't want any radio antenna interference. I don't know how particular I have to be, this is my first time installing a unit like this one. I noticed some vehicles have them mounted on the left side of the dashpad, next to driver a-pillar and very close windshield.

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
You can also find the hack on avic411.com

I have done it on all of my Pioneer systems and it works fine.

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
What about GPS antenna locations? I read on another thread someone stuck theirs to the bottom of the top of the dash. Any particular spot I should be looking to NOT put the antenna?

justin13703

Reaction score
As long as you don't put the gps antenna under any piece of metal it will be fine. Mine has always been inside the dash where there's only plastic above it.

Top Bottom