Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bank 2 sensor 1

True

Reaction score
So after putting my headers on a few weeks back, got the code to replace this o2 sensor and have been putting it off and trying not to drive my truck but miss the poor x now. Anyhow I know G is still waiting to get the front o2 sensors for 09 tacomas and I'm trying to get this ordered and over with. Looking around trying to find them I've somehow confused myself, I'm not sure which side I need now, a lot of sites have left and right side listed, or downstream.

Can anyone help me find an o2 sensor to fix this code? I was using http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2009/toyota/tacoma/fuel_injection/oxygen_sensor.html which a buddy from work said he got his for cheap, but that's where the confusion started lol. Thanks in advanced.

08x

Reaction score
its drivers side in the header the first one is always sensor one which is actually that air fuel sensor , sensor one is always before the cat

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
He said it correctly. :top:

P.S. Bank 1 is on the passenger side because cylinder 1 is the front most on that side.

True

Reaction score
OK so passenger side o2 sensor before the cat, I'll assume that's the downstream one on the link I posted. Thanks alot guys!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK so passenger side o2 sensor before the cat, I'll assume that's the downstream one on the link I posted. Thanks alot guys!

No, as 08X had posted, Bank 2 sensor 1 is on the driver side, pre cat.

True

Reaction score
Yeah sorry haha posted that while I was walking into the theater about to see batman rises, so didn't read correctly. I did catch it before I ordered it and got the right one. You guys were a huge help, really appreciate it and I'm pretty stoked to have the truck back on the road this week.

Top Bottom