Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bent tailgate or profile of tailgate

easts1d3

Reaction score
I need help

Can everyone look along your tailgate from the side and look to see if your tailgate is flat all the way across or has a convex ?

Mine has a convex....

:hmmmm2:

stan23

Reaction score
I need help

Can everyone look along your tailgate from the side and look to see if your tailgate is flat all the way across or has a convex ?

Mine has a convex....

:hmmmm2:

If you are looking from the side, the tail gate should have a bit of convex. Well actually, it's thicker in the middle.

But if you look from top to bottom, it should be straight.

The 2nd gen tailgates are very weak and bend real easy. If you took off the plastic, you'll see there is really nothing support for weight.

20140618_200136_resized.jpg

T4Z

Reaction score
If you are looking from the side, the tail gate should have a bit of convex. Well actually, it's thicker in the middle.

But if you look from top to bottom, it should be straight.

The 2nd gen tailgates are very weak and bend real easy. If you took off the plastic, you'll see there is really nothing support for weight.

20140618_200136_resized.jpg

This very much so, put a locking tailgate handle in my 06 and half those little tab things aren't attached, and there was a fair sized dent in the bottom middle. So week!

Actually much like the one in the picture you posted, but I think it was a bit bigger....

easts1d3

Reaction score
oh wow there really isnt much behind the plastic....

since the tailgate is supposed to be thicker in the center it will be hard for me to make a trd replica spoiler in aluminum...

Top Bottom