Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

California Laws

lamecargo

Reaction score
Well i was born and raised in cali and i always hated smog test......but ive see one or two that i can spot that have posted here that are in the military......If you are in the military it doesnt what state you have on your plates or your drivers license as long as that state is not your home of record...and if it is change it :D....take me im in Texas.....North Carolina Registration.....Californina license....if i get orders to cali i get a new license here in texas and make it my new home of record...then prest problem solved

rice247

Reaction score
wtf
"Remember - FTBC (failure to be cool) is not a crime!"

Izhr818

Reaction score
yeah it sucks out here bros! all that laws plus the governator doubled up our registration fees. its insane!!!!
you have to get your vehicle smoged checked every so often and if it doesnt pass... you gotta fix it out of your pocket...
I wish I caould register my X in a different state.

Im in the military, but home record is Los angeles california.. how do i change it?
anyone knows?

Last edited:

TreTuna

Reaction score
btw, if you move to cali (or any other state for that matter) for college, you can claim wherever you were as your residence while you are in school.. It's a national loophole to allow students to keep their parent's (or wherever you still have an address) as their main place of residence for school and not have to change over DL or registration until after schooling is finished.

metalheadx

Reaction score
az is getting bad like that too.... i got a ticket for following to close when merging on a on-ramp and the car in front of me was going 40 in a 65 and it was hit the car next to me or get close then back off the car and i backed off and got a ticket 2 miles down the freeway......i told the cop after he gave me the ticket i guess you guys have nothing better to do after the speed cameras took your jobs away from you.....i have court on the 22nd and im fighting it intell the end

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
stock cars you can here the sound system louder than the 50 ft. rediculous:fail:

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
haha, yea my stock system you can hear more then 50ft away..

also blue and yellow lights are illegal? yellow i can understand.. but blue? so is BMW forbidden from selling their vehicles in cali cause their stock lights sure are not white lol

sinister07

Reaction score
Thats why I cant live there anymore. I was born and raised in San Diego. I moved in 08...just got sick of it all. That page is a testiment to why I am gone. First of all screw SMOG. Thank god for states that dont give a $hit about emissions. I used to just pay a guy 100 buck for a illegal smog. but it was still a pain. Secondly can you believe ALL those rules they have? Dude that is retarded.

TreTuna

Reaction score
One of my favorites:

Driving with just parking lights on (24800 VC).Vehicles that have factory-installed automatic daytime running lights must meet federal requirements and are legal.

I mean really?? WTF is wrong with driving with parking lights on?

FireB

Reaction score
This why I didn't see so many HID's like the Tri-State area on the East Coast... Pretty strict with the headlights huh?

Edgeman

Reaction score
That's why I kept my Florida citizenship/tags/vehicle registration/etc. when I was stationed in San Diego. I've heard they now require Kalifornia smog checks for all military personnel, regardless of state registration. (Hope that isn't true, but I wouldn't put it past those car nazi bastages.)

btw, if you move to cali (or any other state for that matter) for college, you can claim wherever you were as your residence while you are in school.. It's a national loophole to allow students to keep their parent's (or wherever you still have an address) as their main place of residence for school and not have to change over DL or registration until after schooling is finished.

But if you can claim you're an illegal alien, you can pay in-state tuition.

Last edited:

Fiddich

Reaction score
If you have a resident in California for more than 10 days by Law you are to register with state drop you DL from the state your from to get a California DL..

nick_gz1

Reaction score
If you have a resident in California for more than 10 days by Law you are to register with state drop you DL from the state your from to get a California DL..

lol 10 days???? that sounds pretty funny to me. That is ridiculous if true.

X_Less

Reaction score
lol 10 days???? that sounds pretty funny to me. That is ridiculous if true.

It's true. Once you take residency in California you have to register for a California drivers license and you have to register your vehicle with the DMV within 10 days of moving out here (if you take your vehicle with you).

X-Pablo

Reaction score
It's true. Once you take residency in California you have to register for a California drivers license and you have to register your vehicle with the DMV within 10 days of moving out here (if you take your vehicle with you).

Same as B.C. Canada, you have 30 days to change your car registration and 90 days for drivers license.
of course your vehicle has to be thoroughly inspected at a licensed $hop prior to registration and course there's a fee and if it fails you have a choice to let the $hop fix it or get vehicle towed, you won't be able to drive it until it passes inspection or gets a temporary pass from the $hop, and also if it's from USA has to have daytime running lights and speedometer has to have metric KM/H labels.

Top Bottom