Calvert Racing

madtrucker

markgt531

wow thinkin of this now, wonder how this woudl work witha bagged set up lol which core were you talkin about that u sent back ?

madtrucker

wow thinkin of this now, wonder how this woudl work witha bagged set up lol which core were you talkin about that u sent back ?

The bracket that holds the spring to the axel housing. The 1 that the U bolts go through. Be nice if I knew what it was called. The ones that the shock mounts to. I would call Calvert & ask them what they say. They are helpful & friendly over there. I don't think they are going to sell you something that won't work for you.

markgt531

The bracket that holds the spring to the axel housing. The 1 that the U bolts go through. Be nice if I knew what it was called. The ones that the shock mounts to. I would call Calvert & ask them what they say. They are helpful & friendly over there. I don't think they are going to sell you something that won't work for you.

aHHh i think i kno what part you're taking about, i ghave no clue of the anme either lol. thanks for the info now time to save up lol

dpartinvr4

to answer the question about these working on a lowered truck, the answer is yes and no. when i had the 18's on, they scraped EVERYWHERE now that I have 20's, they don't scrape anymore really. but they've also had a lot worn off by this point.

Nashman

so how did you handleing change I really need to fix this bad wheel hop issue. I plan to use my truck for auto cross

madtrucker

Maybe a little stiffer in the corners. It grips the road good, though. I set them to 1/2 a turn and they were to stiff, but when I backed them up to 1/4 it was heaven. I don't even notice them now. The truck rides good. I love launching it with out the back end slamming up and down. I don't think I sacrificed any handling. I'm real happy with them.

Nashman

well ether way i have 5 ways of fixing them so now i just have to decide what root

dual ladder bar wiht floating hubs
single ladder bar
caltrack
add a helper leaf
traction bar

and if i wana be a hick a slapper bar lol ya never ever

madtrucker

This is my first set of traction bars so I really can't say about the other set ups. The traction bar seems to allow for more articulation than the Caltracs. I didn't like the idea of bolting it to the pumpkin. The Caltracs were only $300 which I liked.