Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

clutch and TOB service bulliten

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
hum....I need a new clutch have a 100k powertrain warranty....think I could get all this covered...since its a tsb??? Even though the stips are 60k/60 mos?

big_dirte

Reaction score
My question is will my 05 be covered? Does anyone know if they are going to replace the input shaft on a later TSB? That is the real issue isnt it? I was just reading the TO bearing GB thread and have come to the realization that mine is squeaking as well. How can you issue a TSB for set set amount of time IE 60 months(5 years) covering a vehicle that is already beyond that timeframe and then deny them the service? I have less than 20K on my truck.

Dirte

Murderface

Reaction score
The TO/clutch TSB will ONLY cover the clutch and pressure plate! And only if u can't move in any gear. The clutch has to have separated from the the center hub for them to cover it.

Acee-Runner I'm not sure about ur mileage though, do u have an extended warranty to 100k or is it ur basic PT warranty that's 100k?

TRD-X

Reaction score
That's just lame John that they have to be like that to get help from Toyota!!:thumpdown:They should do what is need to help the customer!!

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
Acee-Runner I'm not sure about ur mileage though, do u have an extended warranty to 100k or is it ur basic PT warranty that's 100k?

I have the 100k PT warranty. I just figured since is was covered in the 60/60 PT warranty....it might do it with the 100k

sprslug_182

Reaction score
I just called Camelback Toyota here in Phoenix and spoke to the line supervisor and he gave me some crap about how if the techinician said it was normal, they wouldnt cover it. I have griped about the clutch slipping and getting stuck trying to put it in gear for some time now, with no action.

tCTaco

Reaction score
Lets see....Fisrt clutch snapped at 1500 miles. They replaced and covered under warranty.
TOB started to squeal about a month after I got it back. Took it in for the squeaaling and they replaced the TOB under warranty. At about 25000 the second clutch was acting up and I took it in for service. When i got there the tech took it for a test drive and didnt make it back. The clutch snapped on him and had to have the truck towed back. Replaced the clutch, Input shaft and TOB...all covered under warranty..........Now Im at 35000 miles....TOB is squealing again and 5th grinds everytime...no matter what RPM. Im gonna call them tomorrow and see if there is anything new they can do. Im am really hoping for the TSB to come out. I am so sick and tired of this crap.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I just called Camelback Toyota here in Phoenix and spoke to the line supervisor and he gave me some crap about how if the techinician said it was normal, they wouldnt cover it. I have griped about the clutch slipping and getting stuck trying to put it in gear for some time now, with no action.

Camelback sucks. Try Avondale Toyota. Tell them you have an X-Runner and ask for Cejay. :top:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know when this was revised from 60/60 to 36/36? My dealer just showed me the exact same TSB that's attached on page one with 36 mo/ 36 mile coverage...

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone get ahold of the revised version?

T-SB-0385-09R1
Released March 12, 2010

butters607

Reaction score
so is this new throw out bearing the one gadget is selling a permanent fix? if it is what i wanna do is get my trany replaced by the dealer then install that thing immediatley

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
No this thread is about the TSB for the clutch friction disc separating from the clutch hub.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, maybe because the TO is replaced during the TSB. :dontknow: However the TSB is only performed on a clutch that has separated from the hub.

AFP520

Reaction score
No this thread is about the TSB for the clutch friction disc separating from the clutch hub.
As this happened to me at exactly 21,700 miles, I am now even more pissed off that this is only a TSB issue. This is making your powertrain FAIL completely. This should be mandated as a recall. I had to fight TOOTH AND NAIL with the service department to get them to cover my truck under warranty. This is going back to at least late 2008, long before this "TSB" was even issued. :motz:

My thread here. http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=17257

Murderface

Reaction score
That's because stealerships are all crooks! I've worked at enough of them over the past 20 yrs to know how they operate......it's ashame they're allowed to get away with how they just rob people or deny warranty/TSB work period!

BTW I wasn't a flat rate mechanic at any of them

Last edited:
Top Bottom