Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clutch release bearing squeak TSB!!!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Does it matter if i have the S/C installed when i take it into the stealership?? will they freak?

They shouldn't, but some dealerships are pretty shady. Your supercharger has nothing to do with the crap trans. If you have the issues laid out in the TSB you shouldn't have any issues getting it fixed.

Clewis333

Reaction score
They shouldn't, but some dealerships are pretty shady. Your supercharger has nothing to do with the crap trans. If you have the issues laid out in the TSB you shouldn't have any issues getting it fixed.

Whew... Cuz i'm not uninstalling it!
Also. I'm not squeaking yet, but sometimes i can't shift into 1st and 2nd. (have to shake the shifter a lil and try again) same thing right?
and i expect to be squeaking sometime or another (most of them do sometime or another. rather just get it fixed before something goes wrong.:top:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I would tell them you have the squeak intermittently. You want to at least claim the same symptoms as the TSB.
IMO they should just fix everyone that comes in whether or not they have the squeak yet. Like you said it will most likely happen in the future.

Clewis333

Reaction score
I would tell them you have the squeak intermittently. You want to at least claim the same symptoms as the TSB.
IMO they should just fix everyone that comes in whether or not they have the squeak yet. Like you said it will most likely happen in the future.

Thanks for the advise!:top:
I'm probably gonna take it in on my day off, sooner the better.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Anybody know what specifically got changed with the new parts they are listing on the TSB? The bearing, fork support, and release cylinder. Would be nice to get some side by side pics or something.

sinister07

Reaction score
Yeah I went to the dealer while under warranty addressing this issue and the laughed and said "it's a wear issue" bastards. Now I'm out of warranty. GD

Eraser

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from the dealer. Brought it in because of the squeak. They test drove it until it squealed. Replaced all the parts in the new TSB, the clutch no longer squeals anytime, clutch engagement is now smooth for any clutch movement. Amazing how having the correct parts installed on a transmission makes it work right!

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Well since I swapped my motor (also put a new tob in) bitch has started to squeak already :(. I'm gonna get the tsk from urd and buy the support fork and release cylinder from the dealership my brother works at. Got prices from him already and it's not too bad at all. 25.50 for the fork support and 41.10 for the release cylinder. The tob is 191 but I not getting that since a new one is included with the tsk. Those prices are b4 his discount so it's well worth it. Can't wait to be done with that damn noise!!!

JerseyXR07

Reaction score
so to get TSB's taken care of my truck has to be under warranty? because mine does this often...?

Armenian

Reaction score
BUMP. Mine is making noise now, and I have the new recalled transmission with 30k on it. Toyota said my throwout bearing is bad, and they didn't replace it with a new one when they installed the new tranny. Now im at 80k miles and screwed. **** TOYOTA.

Murderface

Reaction score
so to get TSB's taken care of my truck has to be under warranty? because mine does this often...?

Yes u must be u under the warranty to have it done fore free.

Bill a Toyota TO Bearing costs $67 from Conicelli Toyota in Pa. But like u said just get the TSK45 and call it a day. Not sure why u didn't do it while u had it all apart already?

Outburst

Reaction score
just got mine done. took them a day to do. got a nice rental out of it too. i'm kind of scared that it'll happen again since the TSB does not fix the input shaft, which is the main problem.

now the clutch feels smoother though. feels real good right now, but we'll see how long that'll last! if not, i can always save some cash for a tsk!

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
mine is going out too but i don't know if i'm under warranty. i bought my x with 90,000 miles on it from a previous owner and it now has 120,000.

Murderface

Reaction score

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
yeah i know how to i just don't have the money to be throwing out lol cause if i replace that i'm going to replace my clutch too.

Crimson KING

Reaction score
I paid $573.09 for the TSK45 repair kit w / TO bearing, OE clutch and pressure plate, revised release fork, and revised slave cylinder this past Friday. It'll cost me $45 for the flywheel to be machined and I've got the fluid at work. So for about 600 you can replace all the effed up parts. Not too bad really.
If you can't do it yourself the labor is only about $200

Gadget

Reaction score
When you get your new fork, please closely compare it to your existing one.

We did that here and they look identical in all regards. Even the casting number was the same. Trying to figure out if Toyota did not ship us the correct part or it is really the same part.

G

Crimson KING

Reaction score
When you get your new fork, please closely compare it to your existing one.

We did that here and they look identical in all regards. Even the casting number was the same. Trying to figure out if Toyota did not ship us the correct part or it is really the same part.

G

When looking up the part by my truck year, make, and model it gave me a different part number then what was listed in the TSB. I sure hope they're right because I need to replace this stuff asap.
Part numbers I ordered were;
Clutch disc - 31250 - 04100
Pressure plate - 31210 - 04100
Fork - 31236 - 35050
Slave - 31470 - 35181

The difference in prices for the forks were substantial... the one that I got from the TSB was $10.46 and the one that showed was correct when searching by year, make, and model was over $80

Crimson KING

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Toyota parts and the 31236-35050 is for the "Release Fork Support" rather than the actual "Release Fork". They didn't list needing to replace the release fork itself in the TSB, so I hope that's not a problem when I pull the trans.

Top Bottom