Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clutch Thread

gregincali

Reaction score
Can we start an official clutch thread? Just a qiick writeup of all the problems we as a group have had. I havent had any problems with mine yet. But probably will. Im planing on bein blown come tax time. That way mabe we can have some leverage with the dealership. Any thoughts:dontknow:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
hmm, my clutch in my 08 x, went out at 8300 miles....pressure plate seperated from the disc and I was awarded a full warranty and rental free of charge...(knock on wood) No problems since :top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
throwout bearing squealing 22,xxx miles

clutch pedal squeak forever and ever

Reaction score
2005 X-Runner 27,090 miles Clutch disc gernaded taking out bellhousing, flywheel, slave cylinder, release forks, and presure plate. X has been at the dealershipship since October 4th, still waiting on regional to call back. Corperate refuses to fix or help out in anyway. Price tag for repairs $2,611. If your going F/I seriuosly concider upgrading your clutch.

blastap

Reaction score
i would be livid if i was making payments on a truck that was awaiting some corperate ****** to call

Gadget

Reaction score
2005 X-Runner 27,090 miles Clutch disc gernaded taking out bellhousing, flywheel, slave cylinder, release forks, and presure plate. X has been at the dealershipship since October 4th, still waiting on regional to call back. Corperate refuses to fix or help out in anyway. Price tag for repairs $2,611. If your going F/I seriuosly concider upgrading your clutch.

I say screw Toyota and the dealer.

I have the parts you need. I have the forks, the slave cylinder, a throw out bearing. All that you can have.

You can get that tranny to a welder and have them weld up that bell housing for next to nothing if you have all the pieces.

I have a used flywheel in Cali you can have as well if you pay shipping on it.

If you really need it I also have a used tanny in MD if you want to come get it. The bell housing is fine on it.

Then you just need a disc and pressure plate.

I would love to help you get back on the road.

Gadget

Super Werty

Reaction score
^wow, what a deal

Got anything for me:dontknow::biggrin:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
x2 Gadget, jeebus. How about that MKII S/C ?!!?!!?!?!? I have the fundage damnit.

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
i agree new setup i totalled two clutches just completly blown up

rat7761

Reaction score
No problems with the stock clutch, but replaced it with a CC Stage 2 at about 3,000 miles.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Oh yeah.. my clutch grenaded at 2800 miles I think.. I forget now.. took out the flywheel. Dealer replaced it, no problems since.

CaliCorks

Reaction score
hmm, my clutch in my 08 x, went out at 8300 miles....pressure plate seperated from the disc and I was awarded a full warranty and rental free of charge...(knock on wood) No problems since :top:

I had that happen to me at 8k. My clutch itself has made a squeeking noise twice and had to be replaced. The truck is an 08 with 13k miles and I don't beat on it.

05 X-R

Reaction score

I have the parts you need. I have the forks, the slave cylinder, a throw out bearing. All that you can have.

You can get that tranny to a welder and have them weld up that bell housing for next to nothing if you have all the pieces.

If you really need it I also have a used tanny in MD if you want to come get it. The bell housing is fine on it.

Gadget

Wow.... :top:

eXuser01

Reaction score
mines at dealer now for throwout bearing 12,5xx miles im waiting for them to call and screw me...i mean see if they will cover it

GA XR

Reaction score
My truck is a 06 with 48,300 miles on it no clutch problems but had the exaust manifolds replaced 3 times so far, it was all covered under warrenty! It still chirps the tires in 3rd gear.

blastap

Reaction score

Gadget
thats one of the reasons why i will continue to spend money at urd!

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
My trucks an 05 . I've already replaced the tranny clutch flywheel , throw out bearing the whole shabang. That was under 5000 miles ago and I'm going back becuase yesterday i think i blew out my clutch and god knows what else

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
My truck is a 06 with 48,300 miles on it no clutch problems but had the exaust manifolds replaced 3 times so far, it was all covered under warrenty! It still chirps the tires in 3rd gear.

Your exhaust manifolds? ... Why? :hmmmm2:

Top Bottom