Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clutch upgrade

Which clutch option for a supercharged highway commuter?

• Competition Clutch II

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Competition Clutch III+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • URD 3+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • SPEC Stage 2

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

StreetTaco

Reaction score
I was trying to wait for URD to sell the clutch combo pack but I'm starting to get clutch slip when I down shift to pass on hills so replacement is imminent. I am looking at these 3 offerings and limited since that is all URD has in stock.
The truck is a 90% highway commuter, about 50 mi round trip, TRD supercharged with the 2.8x pulley.
I like what I've read so far of Competition Clutch but URD has a good following as well. What are your opinions? Is the spec 2 enough? 3+ easy enough for a commuter?
Thanks!

gearhead899

Reaction score
I have the same blower/pulley set up on my 2011 and have the URD stage 3+ with lightweight flywheel. Can get a little annoying when in bumper to bumper traffic but overall pretty sweet for such a serious clutch. And it grabs gears hard as hell when you are beating on it. Dont ever have to worry about slipping again. To give you an idea of driveability, my girlfriend who does not drive stick, drove my 2011 and did not stall it and drove it smoother then my 2006 that is pretty much stock with a stock style clutch lol

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I was trying to wait for URD to sell the clutch combo pack but I'm starting to get clutch slip when I down shift to pass on hills so replacement is imminent. I am looking at these 3 offerings and limited since that is all URD has in stock.
The truck is a 90% highway commuter, about 50 mi round trip, TRD supercharged with the 2.8x pulley.
I like what I've read so far of Competition Clutch but URD has a good following as well. What are your opinions? Is the spec 2 enough? 3+ easy enough for a commuter?
Thanks!
I've been running the Stage 2 on my TRD SC with 2.8 pulley for several years. No complaints. I've tracked it and have not had any issues with clutch grip.

StreetTaco

Reaction score
I've been running the Stage 2 on my TRD SC with 2.8 pulley for several years. No complaints. I've tracked it and have not had any issues with clutch grip.
Thanks, which stage 2 are you referencing?

All of the URD options are out of stock. I'm leaning toward the Competition Clutch Stage II. Anyone have opinions on this clutch in particular? Does the part number 16088-2100 still apply for the 2012+ trucks? All the listings stop at 2011.

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
Reactions: K2
Top Bottom