Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Custom Sub Box???

the_truth

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone had a custom sub box made for their xrunner? The stockers just aren't cutting it. If you know of a shop that builds box and possibly know of their prices let me know. Thanks!

III

Reaction score
there was one on craigslist a little while ago, went down between the rear seats, think it was 250 obo

^ i just tried to link it but my post count aint high enough yet lol. CL search "xrunner" and its on there, top mount fits a 10", 240$

Last edited:

the_truth

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that one but I didn't like the design. I am looking for something similar to that but one that covers all of the stock sub mounting points. I don't like the fact that it leaves the top two mounting points exposed. Thanks tho.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
There is a solution many used that have the factory sub they removed. Get the rear panel off a 05-08 I think it is and cover the holes that way. You can look online at salvage yards such as
car-part.com

motoxx199

Reaction score
I got a 8" alpine type R box and sub off Amazon and it fits really good behind the seat and it sounds really damn good to

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 242

Ccaruolo

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone had a custom sub box made for their xrunner? The stockers just aren't cutting it. If you know of a shop that builds box and possibly know of their prices let me know. Thanks!

Take a look in my build thread and many others, the "SubX enclosure" plenty of people have replicated them, i also covered the hole left by the stock sub with 3m carbon fiber wrap.

the_truth

Reaction score
I got a 8" alpine type R box and sub off Amazon and it fits really good behind the seat and it sounds really damn good to
That looks pretty cool but honestly our trucks are already limited on seating so I would like to try and retain as much as possible. I would prefer to have somethings similar to the sub x design but built here in Hawaii simply because shipping will cost as much as it would cost to build the box. Thanks tho.

Take a look in my build thread and many others, the "SubX enclosure" plenty of people have replicated them, i also covered the hole left by the stock sub with 3m carbon fiber wrap.

Did you do anything to cover the holes on the backside or did you just cover it with 3M?

kayo808

Reaction score
This is my old set up 2 8" RE Audio Subs. It covered all the holes that had the mounting points for the stock sub:

This is my current set up 1 12" RE Audio Sub. Takes up 1 whole seat if thats ok with you:

the_truth

Reaction score
This is my old set up 2 8" RE Audio Subs. It covered all the holes that had the mounting points for the stock sub...

Dayum, those look good! Where'd you get them done at, if you don'd mind me asking???

kayo808

Reaction score
Dayum, those look good! Where'd you get them done at, if you don'd mind me asking???

Car Audio Tech in Waipahu by Jacks. My friend Alex is the one that made the boxes for me. He does great work

Limitless

Reaction score
Can always go fiberglass :top: Looked up some youtube videos for how to build a fiberglass sub box, made a wooden frame and wrapped it from there.

Attachments

• XR-int.jpg
    XR-int.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 207
  • Sub 1.jpg
    Sub 1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 212

BlkSndX

Reaction score
New guy too from Hawaii

I built my own custom sub box, but can't post pics yet. Hope to meet all the other X Runner owners soon.

uno808

Reaction score
i jus got my box done not too long ago..came out very good:rockon:

20131207_183325.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom