Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Emissions

2007 Toyota xrunner

Reaction score
Hey guys I live in Galveston TX and my xrunner won't pass inspectiona do to cats I wanted to see if anything can give me any advice or in what way to go with this thanks still have stock manifolds but cats are gutted out no rear cat still have oxygen sensors what do I need to do so I can pass thanks

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
URD plug n play O2 simulator. As lkng as your sensors are good, and you have no exhaust leaks, that should rid you of your check engine light, for no cats.

asianized

Reaction score
I'm moving back to Seattle and there they have emissions testing, was just wondering as the truck sits now with dtlt, all 4 cats are deleted, o2 sims installed along with a maf cal, will my truck pass?

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
I'm moving back to Seattle and there they have emissions testing, was just wondering as the truck sits now with dtlt, all 4 cats are deleted, o2 sims installed along with a maf cal, will my truck pass?

Mine did in down here in Vancouver. They don't do a visual. Plug and go.

asianized

Reaction score
Mine did in down here in Vancouver. They don't do a visual. Plug and go.

So it's pretty much the same as b4 then, just pull in, leave ur motor running and they connect the thing to the tailpipe right?

Your truck has all 4 cats deleted and o2 sims and u passed?

fishsticks

Reaction score
So it's pretty much the same as b4 then, just pull in, leave ur motor running and they connect the thing to the tailpipe right?

Your truck has all 4 cats deleted and o2 sims and u passed?

Not even that. Shut the truck off, get out and they plug an OBD scanner in. No codes = good to go. I'm in Clark County but as far as I know the standards are the same statewide.

I have no cats and a UCON. I'm S/C.

asianized

Reaction score
Not even that. Shut the truck off, get out and they plug an OBD scanner in. No codes = good to go. I'm in Clark County but as far as I know the standards are the same statewide.

I have no cats and a UCON. I'm S/C.

Oic......wow soooooo much simpler now, ill b staying in king county, so ill just have to un-plug my ultragauge when i get there so they can plug there scanner in

STONER-X

Reaction score
This is the way I look at it for someone (I was one) who has all the cats deleted regardless of sims or ECU..

Will your truck pass? NO!!! no matter what you tell yourself it will not pass!!!

1. Regardless of the situation you have modified your emissions system and rendered it useless.
2. You have installed OFFROAD parts on your vehicle. these parts are called off road because they do not meet emissions and carb standards. they are not "legal" for street use.
3. It says in the item description they are for offroad use only, meaning you buy these parts knowing that they are not street legal.
4. To avoid a CEL you have to trick your ECU to think it is running "clean" to avoid a CEL.
5. Even if your area is emission exempt your car still fails because you modified the emissions system on your car which is illegal for any vehicle that is used on the street.

If your failing vehicle pass's it did not really pass.. How so? Your inspector failed to do there job correctly and passed a failing vehicle.

That is how I feel on that.. :)

Now I myself had a truck that fit all of these conditions. Every time I had to do my inspection I would simply hope that they didn't look around. It was quite easy to pop the hood and see a big turbo kit and wonder how it all was run and know that it was not from the factory. I never once had someone question it or ask "will it pass?" I knew the answer was "no it will not pass". I simply hoped the guy doing the inspection doesn't know that.

If your CEL is off and your area does not do a sniffer test go get it inspected and see what happens. For the most part you will be fine, but if they look who knows the outcome. if your CEL is on OR they do a sniffer test you better find an alternative method of put your stock parts in place.. once you put headers on more than once you can get them off and on in a matter of 30 minutes or less. when you buy headers and other parts that fall into this category you know before you click "add to cart"

this post should be stickied for the questions of "will it pass?" lol

Last edited:

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Like fishsticks said, we can pass here in Vancouver, WA. Cause they do not require anything but your vehicle to not have codes. Thats it! They dont look at squat. Its not the inspector failing. Maybe call it the law failing i suppose.

Whats up fishsticks?!? I been on this forum for a long time and never seen anyone else from The 'Couve !

fishsticks

Reaction score
Like fishsticks said, we can pass here in Vancouver, WA. Cause they do not require anything but your vehicle to not have codes. Thats it! They dont look at squat. Its not the inspector failing. Maybe call it the law failing i suppose.

Whats up fishsticks?!? I been on this forum for a long time and never seen anyone else from The 'Couve !

I'm newish here. I think I've seen your truck on Padden before.

STONER-X

Reaction score
I never had an issue with my catless truck passing here in Texas.. it sounds like we have a similar OBD test as you.. no CEL means its running "clean" and it passes. In the long list of checks of wiper blades, tires and all of the other junk is a visual check for emissions equipment, and as you I had never had anyone look at that.

it is a federal requirement for a vehicle (in the specified years) to have an emission system. if a vehicle passed with no emission equipment someone didn't look (like they ever do). it is illegal to have a highway use vehicle to have a non functioning emission system.

im not saying you wont get a sticker I always did. What I am saying is if you have the check list of stuff required to "pass" you will "fail".

The question always pops up and the true answer is "no", but yes 95% of the time you will get a sticker. As soon as those long tubes or emission modifying parts go on the truck you have made it an "off-road" vehicle. Even in an emissions exempt area it is still federal required to have the emission parts and it is illegal to remove or modify them on an on road vehicle.

sixstringdave

Reaction score
I hear ya. If there ever comes a time when they actually look under the hood I'm screwed. :argh:

Top Bottom