Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Finished Install: Pioneer DEH710BT PICS

Armenian

Reaction score
This is what I finished putting in my X yesterday and I'm stoked!!:

-Pioneer Premier DEH710BT
-PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Control Interface

It has dual usb out in the back so I drilled a hole in the little empty slot and ran one cord out that, and simply ran the other cord into my glovebox but what I absolutely LOVE, is how this thing has built in bluetooth stream, so the cords are unnecessary!

I have an Iphone 3G, and I can stream PANDORA RADIO and IPOD functions wirelessly to this head unit. The sound quality is excellent too!! I did an extensive search on this site and others to find a head unit that was Iphone friendly but could'nt find much info so I hope this solidifies any concerns for anyone else out there. Even when I asked salesemen if Pandora was compatible with the units they were selling, they would look at me like I was crazy LOL.

I was VERY skeptical about the steering wheel control installation, but it was'nt as bad as I thought it would be. It took me 3 tries to program it correctly because I'm an ogar when it comes to led lights, commands and teeny tiny buttons hahaha

It has some voice recognition, hands free bluetooth kit built in-I haven't really messed with it, but I mounted the microphone in front of the steering wheel on the column...

I am very happy with the install, the deck, and the steering wheel controls are a MUST because the little remote that comes with the deck is garbage. You have to point it directly into the unit for it to do anything lol Anyways heres some pics!!

162p86.jpg

2hnq43k.jpg

w8l46p.jpg

2r6e4qq.jpg

wu tang forever!! LMAO

Last edited:

NoKz

Reaction score
I had the 5100 and loved it. The 7100 looks sweet! I went DD AVH-P3100 DVD though. For those long trips. But nice work man! :top:

gary86

Reaction score
awesome...same set-up i have and i play the music from my 3gs via bluetooth

KETCHUP

Reaction score
yeah, what are you looking at for bass? I would recommend a SUBX to start with.

blastap

Reaction score
Are you just now getting the mod bug? J/k the iPhone feature looks really useful

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
So if you use the Bluetooth to play audio through your deck, how come the USB chord? Or are you just showing that the Bluetooth works?

Armenian

Reaction score
yeah, what are you looking at for bass? I would recommend a SUBX to start with.

definitly looking at getting a sub-x with a JL 10W3 D4 or something of the sort...

Are you just now getting the mod bug? J/k the iPhone feature looks really useful

yea my commute to work was getting really boring. stock unit sucked!

Last edited:
Reaction score
What dash kit is that? It looks really clean. Does the steering wheel control unit have wire taps, or have a pigtail?

Armenian

Reaction score
What dash kit is that? It looks really clean. Does the steering wheel control unit have wire taps, or have a pigtail?

That kit came from sonic electronix where I ordered my head unit from. They had the best deal on it compared to other places. The steering wheel control has a bunch of wires-you have to pick the right ones and crimp your connections with some wire strippers and a good solid crimper. I work in High Voltage at Texas Instruments so I have all the nice industrial wiring tools :)

Reaction score
I have the nice wiring tools also, I just don't like tapping/cutting into the stock wiring. I'd prefer to have a plug that I can remove if I uninstall the stereo with no damage to the stock wiring.

Armenian

Reaction score
I have the nice wiring tools also, I just don't like tapping/cutting into the stock wiring. I'd prefer to have a plug that I can remove if I uninstall the stereo with no damage to the stock wiring.

Oh okay i gotcha. Well, you actually do have to cut the factory steering wheel control plug off. Im anal about cutting stock wiring too, just like you, but the plug only has 2 or 3 wires on it so its not really a big deal. I left a little bit of wire on the plug after I cut it and keep it in my center console in case I ever need to put the factory stereo back in which is hopefully never LOL. All it would take is a strip and a crimp to put back into stock form.

The steering wheel controls are WAY worth the cut of that plug--trust me on this LOL

Top Bottom