Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

First to boost the new 1GR-FE

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Makes me curious if the lower intake manifold is the same between both models? If that be the case , then most likely a swap of upper intake manifolds with the TB would be the easiest route. Unless the TB bolts right up to ours.

Gadget

Reaction score
It is different, a one piece design, but it is kind of similar. I do not think the plenum parts will bolt right up.

When I take the throttle body off I will see if that will bolt up to the current engine or not. It is supposed to be larger, but I never measured it to see by how much.

I do have a 4.7 TB around here that is definitely bigger.
'
G

Gadget

Reaction score
I am going to have a brand new 2012 FJ in the shop Monday evening for a final test fit of the supercharger compressor assembly.

It fits the 4Runner perfectly, but the FJ had a slight hood clearance issue so part of the manifold adapter had to be redesigned. If it fits on this test fit we are going to start the production run!!!

Wish me luck!!!

G

Ridefoxone

Reaction score
Sweet! There's gonna be alot of happy new FJ owners out there...especially if you got the new ECU harness adapters available. Is it going to be like the one listed above or like the current mkIII Rotrex unit? If different, why the change?

2012TxNinja

Reaction score
Cant wait to boost this new xr! My 05 would have wanted it this way

iniazy

Reaction score
Hey Gadget,

considering it's a twin-screw positive displacement SC, you must be running water-to-air intercooling, am I right?

You need to look out for the intercooler cores getting contaminated with engine oil and hindering heat exchange, very likely to happen with boosted applications. Consider an oil collector to be fitted in-line between the PCV valve and intake manifold.

May I ask why did you favor twin-screw over Rotrex? I hear Rotrex is far more efficient.

Gadget

Reaction score
2012-07-01_20-04-23_127.jpg

Still ready for production waiting on getting the ECU connectors needed for the UCON.

G

darthyota

Reaction score
what about offering a trd upgrade package gman? for those with trd scs that have maxed them out but still want more power yet still want that down low power delivery that a roots/twin screw supercharger delivers

Gadget

Reaction score
You need to come drive my XRunner. How much wheel spin do you want down low?

Which event are you going to show up for??

G

rennurx

Reaction score
That's one thing I like about my turbo. No wheel spin lol. So what did the new motors come in? Is it worth a swap?

iniazy

Reaction score
BTW Gadget, I believe Bullet Cars of Australia beat you to supercharging the 2nd Gen 1GR-FE.

Gadget

Reaction score
Maybe, but I think our prototype was up and running before theirs was, maybe not.

G

Top Bottom