Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fuel Injecters

2007speedWAYblue

Reaction score
Ive been in the process of putting a turbo kit together, and was wondering where you guys are getting your upgraded injecters from, i would appreciate the point of direction. I heard URD had some but i did not see them on the site so if someone could point me in the right direction that would help a lot.

ntinhri

Reaction score
my68ur8 or gadget would be where I'd point you.. heard deathshadow was getting his fingers into something too..

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
^ :laugh:...now I wonder how it refills the NOS...

Gadget

Reaction score
I have some pretty big injectors on hand that we use in the MkII kit. You will most likely need the X-1 to run them. I really doubt you can dial these in with a MAF signal calibration device.

G

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
I have some pretty big injectors on hand that we use in the MkII kit. You will most likely need the X-1 to run them. I really doubt you can dial these in with a MAF signal calibration device.

G

not to sound like an ass or anything, but if hes running(planning) a turbo setup, i would think he is going to use something more "powerful" than just a MAF cal type of setup. Hence being able to run a larger injector.:hmmmm2:

Gadget

Reaction score
Right, I would hope so.

There are two ways to tune fuel with a piggy back type unit. First is jacking the MAF sensor signal around to tune in the larger injectors.

The second is taking direct control of the injectors and driving them directly. This is the way the X-1 and some other high end units work.

You are very limited on how much you can jack the MAF sensor signal around without causing other problems. I can dial in 550cc injectors with the MAF calibration method, but I doubt it will work with the larger injectors we have to use in the MkII kit.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
URD, you'd need to give them a call. APR, call. Those are the only two I am aware of.

Sambuca81

Reaction score
APR makes injectors too? I dont see them on their site?

Last edited:

2007speedWAYblue

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help. I am leaning toward the aem fic, it seems to do everything i need it to. What size are the injecters you are reffering to Gadget? And what size do you reccomend since I am looking at running around 7-8 pounds of boost so nothing to extreme (the fuel pump upgrade is a given though).

Last edited:

ABP

Reaction score
APR makes injectors too? I dont see them on their site?

Gadget has access to everything APR sells. APR doesn't make injectors but they can get them. It would be easiest just to contact Gadget and get them from him.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help. I am leaning toward the aem fic, it seems to do everything i need it to. What size are the injecters you are reffering to Gadget? And what size do you reccomend since I am looking at running around 7-8 pounds of boost so nothing to extreme (the fuel pump upgrade is a given though).

URD is using Continental ( former Siemens) 60 lb/hr injectors in the new MKII kit. 668cc/min @ 43.5 psi. You will need some sort of injector based fuel control ( a Maf calibrator will not do).

If you need some detailed information about the injectors, I can provide you with plenty of info , but URD is the place to pick up a set.

Justin

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
URD is using Continental ( former Siemens) 60 lb/hr injectors in the new MKII kit. 668cc/min @ 43.5 psi. You will need some sort of injector based fuel control ( a Maf calibrator will not do).

If you need some detailed information about the injectors, I can provide you with plenty of info , but URD is the place to pick up a set.

Justin
670 FTW :top:

zr2ee

Reaction score
i'm looking at going with some 668's as well asap with my STS turbo kit. right now i can't afford to go all the way with the APR-x1 so i'll be having the unichip custom tuned after the install. just hoping for some more precise control of the AFR's that my FMU isn't providing so i can get better than 200 miles to a tank highway....and of course a little extra ooommph is always nice too

07XRsteve

Reaction score
Unichip is a joke dont wast your money ask the guys on the site the will back me Unichip is horrible contact Gadget if you need something

zr2ee

Reaction score
they unichip came with my setup so thats why i'm going with it right now, i've had one before i boosted and after i boosted, never really had any problems with it but i can't compare it to anything else

rexrunner

Reaction score
I dont get why ppl need such large injectors! i have 480s on 7 psi and im still pulling fuel? about 12% now. granted i have 3/8 fuel lines and upped fuel pressure to 50

Top Bottom