Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Godzilla Awakens!

iniazy

Reaction score
Hi Gadget, will the Supercharger clear the hood of a 4Runner?

Gadget

Reaction score
The current 4Runner, yes. I have it installed in a few of them. The FJ did have a hood clearance problem. Had to do a redesign to solve that issue.

When I tell people why I went with such a large compressor I get asked by not use the 2.9L Simple, would not fit under the hood of the FJ.

The 4th Gen 4Runner has the lowest hood line of all of them.

loginfailed

Reaction score
The current 4Runner, yes. I have it installed in a few of them. The FJ did have a hood clearance problem. Had to do a redesign to solve that issue.

When I tell people why I went with such a large compressor I get asked by not use the 2.9L Simple, would not fit under the hood of the FJ.

C’mon Gadget, let’s do one for the Tacoma.

Bendilzerian

Reaction score

I don't need a stinkin' hood! Let's do this!

iniazy

Reaction score

Then it will most likely clear the hood of a Prado as well.

hypertaco

Reaction score
I'm saving up and waiting on this system. So I am definitely in!!!!

Godzilla.jpg

The new URD/Whipple supercharger system for the 2010 and later FJ Cruiser. 4Runner version out soon.

https://www.urdusa.com/urd-whipple-supercharger-system-2010-2012-fj-cruiser-stage-1/

Wondering, if this was redesigned to fit the Tacoma 4.0, how many people would be interested in one?

Hawk373

Reaction score
I’ve been pining over this supercharger for a while now. I still have some hope I’m clinging on to.

Gadget

Reaction score
Odd, I bring it up in Chrome and it is working properly. Will look into it more.

Top Bottom